The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Looking forward to the pre-season tour, when does it start again?

The football we played last pre-season was definitely worth waking up at 3 am.
Original post by Dirtybit
Looking forward to the pre-season tour, when does it start again?
The football we played last pre-season was definitely worth waking up at 3 am.

18 Jul Tour 2015 Club America N 04:10
22 Jul Tour 2015 San Jose Earthquakes N 04:10
25 Jul Tour 2015 FC Barcelona N 21:10
30 Jul Tour 2015 Paris Saint-Germain N 02:10
Original post by sr90
18 Jul Tour 2015 Club America N 04:10
22 Jul Tour 2015 San Jose Earthquakes N 04:10
25 Jul Tour 2015 FC Barcelona N 21:10
30 Jul Tour 2015 Paris Saint-Germain N 02:10

Cheers for that.
Can't be arsed getting up at 4am for the games. More about the way we are playing and such than the results pre season for me.

Hoping Angelo Henriquez can get the winner here. Not sure how good he is but we could probably flog him if he does.
Barcelona at 9pm on a Saturday couldn't be scheduled more perfectly. Everyone will watch that.
Original post by Fizzel

Hoping Angelo Henriquez can get the winner here. Not sure how good he is but we could probably flog him if he does.

I'd keep him in the first team squad if we let Hernandez go. There's no point getting rid of him at such a young age.
Clearly fake.

Knew it was a fake the moment i realised it said skyssports xD.

He'd be a lovely buy at RB from the reports and sources that ive read from. Havent really watched him tho so cant say much :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Knew it was a fake the moment i realised it said skyssports xD.

He'd be a lovely buy at RB from the reports and sources that ive read from. Havent really watched him tho so cant say much :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I keep seeing him pop in places and I don't know anything about him.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

I only took notice of him in the World Cup match. Italy were a ridiculous threat down the right during that match. Was a bit surprised to learn he plays for Torino; was expecting him to play for a higher-flying team like Napoli or maybe one of Roma or Lazio... Here's a reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJL_kYf83aI

There's plenty of other reels on YouTube, but I think he'd be perfect. He contributes on the attack but still defensively solid.
News on transfers from LVG himself lads:

https://vine.co/v/OHlLOvtgqq2
anyone else hoping against hope we dont sign kane? for all this "hes potentially world class" i think englands u21 performances clearly show that he cant be trusted to come in and make an impact and that hes no where near worth 40m...

reckon chica might get a shot as 2nd choice st if RVP leaves if hes still here come our first game of the season.
Original post by scrawlx101
anyone else hoping against hope we dont sign kane? for all this "hes potentially world class" i think englands u21 performances clearly show that he cant be trusted to come in and make an impact and that hes no where near worth 40m...
reckon chica might get a shot as 2nd choice st if RVP leaves if hes still here come our first game of the season.

If we sign Harry Kane I am officially done with football. Would be worse than Liverpool buying Andy Carroll.
Original post by sr90
If we sign Harry Kane I am officially done with football. Would be worse than Liverpool buying Andy Carroll.
I'm not a big fan of him, but nowhere near as bad. Buying someone off the back of a 11 goal half season is bit different to a 21 goal season, 31 goals in all competitions. Rooney's only beaten that twice with 34 both times. I'm just a bit worried about him as he lacks a clearly world class attribute and has a high conversion rate, basically I'm a bit worried how repeatable his season is.

I don't think he'd be a bad signing. He's young and English so if it doesn't work out there is 100% chance of being able to flog him for £20m odd back to some PL club anyway. I'd prefer him to nothing, not sure how many other 9's there are available.
Yes how dare we buy a player who scored 31 goals in 3/4 of a season.
Just realised we released Tom Thorpe. Wasn't he meant to be decent? Didn't really get to see much of him but he was hyped up a fair bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
Just realised we released Tom Thorpe. Wasn't he meant to be decent? Didn't really get to see much of him but he was hyped up a fair bit
Posted from TSR Mobile

He's been very unlucky to be honest. He had a bad injury on his debut when we loaned him to Birmingham, and then when Van Gaal went to watch the under 21's last season he was playing as a DM with McNair at CB catching his eye. The only reason Blackett was ahead of him is because he's left footed. I'll never understand why we didn't loan him out more, he should have moved on from the reserves 2-3 years ago.
For those that slate him, AS have done an article about Woody.

This line I particularly liked:

Manchester United's executive vice-chairman is considered to be "the Cristiano Ronaldo of the commercial area in football"

:lol:

Whatever you think of him, he's making waves over in Spain.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/07/05/english/1436104585_064367.html
Original post by sr90
Barcelona at 9pm on a Saturday couldn't be scheduled more perfectly. Everyone will watch that.

can't wait to see Suarez have you on toast :biggrin:

Latest