The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
i don't understand why people underrate Lloris as much as they do - he's Tottenham's best player and let's be honest, their defence isn't amazing.

he isn't as good as DDG/Courtois but he isn't as far behind as people think.
solid keeper and once DDG leaves i think united should definitely go for him.
wouldn't be easy since he's a very important for Spurs and they'd try to get a lot of money for him.

Hart can be beastly on form but i feel like Lloris is a better keeper in general; more consistent and more comfortable over the course of a season.

Definitely pick Lloris over Hart. More consistent and reliable at the back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Lloris is not Spurs best player, Eriksen is.
Original post by jam277
I don't really get your love for Eriksen tbh.
Original post by Fizzel

Seconded.
Original post by Fizzel

Eriksen vs Ozil thread is more a slight towards Arsenal fans however Eriksen is their main source of creativity, great dribbler, great set piece taker, plays across the midfield from CM to wing spots. Does a lot for the team too. Even though he faded second half of the season Eriksen would most likely thrive in a better team(e.g. Chelsea or the Spurs team between 11-13). He was their second best player this season and their best player last season despite only playing regularly for only half of 13/14.

Also he's the player who's caused my team the most problems when we've faced spurs.

He's somebody who is much better than Spurs but is priced out of moves due to the position he plays in and daniel levy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Didn't Domenech tell Schneiderlin to join United as well lol
Rafael negotiating with Napoli, Galatasary and Fiorentina.

We won't get more than £6mill for him, so whoever gets him is in for a bargain.

Love Rafael and want to keep him, but LVG obviously disagrees.
Original post by That Bearded Man

The only way we're getting 6m is if that figure is in Euros

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hearing reports that Di Maria will miss the start of the season, but nothing on the website or any of the trusted media outlets. Where is this coming from?

Original post by jam277

He is a quality player but his form was very patchy towards the 2nd half of last season. Maybe that was down to who he plays for rather than his ability anyway.

What's your source on this?

I would love to keep him, so much passion and energy.
Original post by zKlown
I'm hearing reports that Di Maria will miss the start of the season, but nothing on the website or any of the trusted media outlets. Where is this coming from?

He is a quality player but his form was very patchy towards the 2nd half of last season. Maybe that was down to who he plays for rather than his ability anyway.

What's your source on this?

I would love to keep him, so much passion and energy.

Announced on SSN about 2 mins ago.
Announced on SSN about 2 mins ago.

I see

This makes me sad (even though I knew it was coming)
Original post by zKlown

That's the thing, Lloris e.g. looks good either way since he's a GK, if defence are good he looks good because the side don't concede, if the defence are bad he looks even better as he's getting more opportunities to save shots. With Spurs defence so poverty(only leicester and Newcastle in the top 15 conceded more goals while relegated Hull conceded less goals than Spurs) it's more of the latter.
Original post by zKlown
I see

This makes me sad (even though I knew it was coming)

There is always hope.

SSN reported that Pearson had been sacked in February (just after the McArthur incident)
Original post by jam277
That's the thing, Lloris e.g. looks good either way since he's a GK, if defence are good he looks good because the side don't concede, if the defence are bad he looks even better as he's getting more opportunities to save shots. With Spurs defence so poverty(only leicester and Newcastle in the top 15 conceded more goals while relegated Hull conceded less goals than Spurs) it's more of the latter.

Ideally for us I think we'd want a deal for Lloris wrapped up before we sell De Gea. I wanted to see Lloris to us and Begovic to Spurs (Begovic said on SSN he only wanted to go to be a no. 1) in this case I see a £25mill for Lloris, not on the cheap.

Who else is really out there to replace De Gea, Lloris is still 3rd best keeper (I rate De Gea above Courtois narrowly, but ahead of Hart)
Nani move to Fenerbahce confirmed, loved him but guess injuries took his pace last season and never fully recovered. 4 titles, (1 with him as player of the season), 1 CL (Scoring in the penalty shootout), will be remembered as a frustrating player against the lower sides, but was excellent in the big games and scored some of the best goals for us.

[video="youtube_share;kcrMEP1HZeg"]http://youtu.be/kcrMEP1HZeg[/video]
In before Rafael becomes injury free and turns out to be a top RB in 3 years and we are offering Napoli £30m for him back.
"Two weeks ago we had a bid from United but it was not the bid we expected," Koeman told BBC Radio Solent.

People still think Schneiderlin is United bound?
Original post by _Morsey_
"Two weeks ago we had a bid from United but it was not the bid we expected," Koeman told BBC Radio Solent.

People still think Schneiderlin is United bound?

who else are we going to get? gundogan signed a new contract? schwenstiger's probably not gonna be worth the fee and tbh hes another ego we would have to accomodate....

maybe witsel or clasie? two names ive seen bounced around?
Original post by scrawlx101
who else are we going to get? gundogan signed a new contract? schwenstiger's probably not gonna be worth the fee and tbh hes another ego we would have to accomodate....

maybe witsel or clasie? two names ive seen bounced around?

Woody is hardly going to be hemming and hawing over an extra 5 million though is he. Two weeks is a pretty substantial amount of time for no further bids from our side.

Latest