The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
who is going to take them now?

Would lol, if you get a pen against arsenal, and felleni cocks it up - with rooney + RVP standing behind..

Mata can take them, as can Ash.
Jones when he's fit obvs. Master corner taker.
It will be Mata.
Reply 1203
We need lambert.
Original post by xKay
We need lambert.

would you sell rvp this summer?

i reckon mata cant do it..sometimes he takes shots with such little power...

maybe hererra?
Don't agree with changing takers every game, that's hardly going to help confidence wise is it?

Mata used to take them for Chelsea didn't he, so it'll be him.
Original post by scrawlx101

i reckon mata cant do it..sometimes he takes shots with such little power...

why would that even suggest that he cannot score penalties?
(edited 8 years ago)
Still can't believe we lost to West Brom, I thought this kinda **** left with Moyes.

Original post by itsmyname
Jones when he's fit obvs. Master corner taker.

He was actually pretty good at corners!

Still a bizarre decision

Original post by Dirtybit
why would that even suggest that he cannot score a penalties?

Inni, Balotelli is one of the best and all he ever does is roll them into the corners.
Original post by zKlown
Still can't believe we lost to West Brom, I thought this kinda **** left with Moyes

We've taken 1 ****ing point from 4 games against West Brom and Swansea
You know I bet if you gave Liverpool Falcao they'd be above you right now
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa
You know I bet if you gave Liverpool Falcao they'd be above you right now

Nah I'm pretty sure he would've still flopped there too.
have we scored more or less goals this season than last season?
Original post by scrawlx101
have we scored more or less goals this season than last season?

so far this year: 59 (35 connceded)

at this point last year: 60 (40 conceeded)

You ended last year on: 64/43

- So yeah, you have scored 1 less goal.. and need 5 in your last 3 games to match last year.

But you have also conceeded less, and your goal difference is 4 better this year..
The main difference is finishing 7th last season and finishing 4th this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
The main difference is finishing 7th last season and finishing 4th this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are we?:biggrin:
Who else remembers at the start of the season seeing all those things about having a bugatti attack but a tokunbo defence? Yet we've scored less than last season (with a far superior attack force) and conceded less goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ESPN reckon you'll complete the signing of Hummels in a few weeks time. What a signing that'll be.

Obviously, you're crying out for a reliable centre-half with Jones not managing 30 appearances in his career yet. Smalling looks a different player entirely recently, and Hummels coming in would allow McNair to learn from him. Everybody seems to have high hopes for McNair, but I haven't seen enough of him to really comment. One thing is for sure: him playing over 1,000 minutes in the PL this season is far too much.
Original post by fallen_acorns
who is going to take them now?

Mata
Original post by Mackay
Obviously, you're crying out for a reliable centre-half with Jones not managing 30 appearances in his career yet. Smalling looks a different player entirely recently, and Hummels coming in would allow McNair to learn from him. Everybody seems to have high hopes for McNair, but I haven't seen enough of him to really comment. One thing is for sure: him playing over 1,000 minutes in the PL this season is far too much.

For me McNair is a big positive from this season, a good defender and one of very few British defenders competent enough to step into midfield and play. Don't see how he has played 'too much' though?
I wouldn't mind seeing De Gea taking our penalties. Lol just kidding I would give it to someone like Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest