The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyalimers
x

What if he can never regain everything that made him great pre-injury? The energy he used to possess in midfield mixed with his playmaking abilities; his 12/13 season was honestly like Scholes in his prime. I think it does matter if he flops. We're going to need him to perform next season if he's the only midfielder we're bring in.
Reply 141
Original post by Mackay
DDG 'could' join Real, admits LVG.

Seems to be happening. De Gea deleted his twitter bio saying he's a ManUtd player apparently. Those are big things now.
I think the issue of a final year contract only really applies if we were willing to let it run. We clearly want and need to buy this summer so that relieves pressure on Dortmund. Realistically we wouldn't be letting him run his deal down, because we can't make do till next summer, so its little threat for them unless they tank all their options and he's committed to leaving. DDG I think the threat of Real being happy to wait a year and get him on a free is a massively more likely situation considering they have Casillas and Navas, so our hand is forced somewhat if we can't get DDG on a deal. Similar with Kroos tbh, once Real were interested I think he was happy to wait it out.

We certainly need at least one CM. We play 3 of them, one is 34, and we have 4 players. The days of Jones in midfield are over tbh, we play a possession game, Jones is a blunt instrument.

I don't think Dortmund fans are a good gauge either. If you considered Fellaini or Young based on our fans last season, what would you think, compared to now? Gundogan has played like 20 games in two seasons and almost all of them in recovery, their view of him is not going to be good, especially not if they are a bit bitter. Not sure how any top side can sell a 24 year old clear starter, in his comeback season at that, for £20m and call it great business tbh. Who would we sell for £20m and call it great business or most top PL sides?

Someone in their suggesting the contract would be incentivised to offset any recurrences in his injury issues, which would be a smart move I think.

De Gea situation is troubling to say the least. Could be Mendes just ensuring he's gets a massive deal, but seemingly money is on the table now so we'll see shortly. Will be a big shame if he leaves, but its not a devastating blow tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
You can tell from Fizzel's posts the amount of preparation and brainstorming that has been done. He'd make a great Chef.
Original post by Dirtybit
You can tell from Fizzel's posts the amount of preparation and brainstorming that has been done. He'd make a great Chef.
Lol. I just argue my points against myself. Makes them overly long tbh, and sometimes utterly wrong. I'm a terrible chef too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel
What if he can never regain everything that made him great pre-injury? The energy he used to possess in midfield mixed with his playmaking abilities; his 12/13 season was honestly like Scholes in his prime. I think it does matter if he flops. We're going to need him to perform next season if he's the only midfielder we're bring in.

Then he'll be a squad player, if he doesn't pick up that great form he once had. I disagree that we need him to perform next season, even if he is the only midfielder we bring in. We have been doing great with what we have this season and if we start without faltering, we won't lose easy points like we have this year. His signing brings a really nice balance to the set of midfielders we have and whilst an extra midfielder on top would be great, we will start getting unhappy people warming benches if they don't get any game time.
Original post by fadhli
Seems to be happening. De Gea deleted his twitter bio saying he's a ManUtd player apparently. Those are big things now.

:sigh: no he didn't. People had a meltdown about this a few months ago, he hasn't had a bio for well over a year now.

That said, barring some Rooney style u-turn (as he is obviously considering leaving at the least), I believe he will go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading Bluemoon in their Gundagon thread, it's actually Hilarious. They thought they would buy Pogba, Koke, Gundogan in one summer. They really wanted Gundogan but from the reports of him going to United they're all crying. Most of them are trying to say they aren't bothered and that he's a crock now Lel. They just keep saying Pogba can still come :lol:

Some complementary meltdowns:

Likely, if we not careful we gonna get left behind rags will spend another 100 mill chelsea will go again and Arsenal so much negativity around which way things are going to go in the immediate future re management players ffp *******s bastard homegrown rules mega expensive English players smashing into the transfer kitty... Will Tixki go shopping at Porto again arrrrgggghhhhh

They will get Hummels and replace Falcao/rapist with a top tier striker them c**ts will easily blast another 100 mill this summer

Also, you can add Hummels to that list. They'll probably round it up with a striker or Bale :frown:

With such deals being done early I don't think we stand a chance seeing as we're too busy sitting by the phone waiting for Pep to call

I expect us to spend in excess of 160 million GBP in the summer

Oh they're very scared.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not even funny trolling Liverpool fans anymore when they're depressed like this.

I use to hold back on banter too when Fergie was in charge.

I actually felt sorry for Arsenal after 8-2.

After last season I'm taking no prisoners.
“It takes a long time now,” said the manager. “So it can always happen. I am not the boss. I want him to stay. The player is the boss he can say yes or no. You will have to ask David de Gea, not me. He has to sign. We have offered him a lot of money.”

He's off then, sorry but i'm not sure how anyone can read that quote and believe that he will stay. The sad thing is that a. we'll barely break even on him and b. we'll have to pay more to sign an inferior player to replace him! Goalkeepers cost less than outfield players at the best of times, I believe Buffon still holds the record fee and that's going back a very long time now. However Real have no reason to offer anything over £20m.

Reading Bluemoon in their Gundagon thread, it's actually Hilarious. They thought they would buy Pogba, Koke, Gundogan in one summer. They really wanted Gundogan but from the reports of him going to United they're all crying. Most of them are trying to say they aren't bothered and that he's a crock now Lel. They just keep saying Pogba can still come :lol:

Some complementary meltdowns:

Oh they're very scared.

My favourite post was the one that said they would sign Hummels, Rodriguez, Pogba, Reus, Bale AND Lacazette. Enjoy Barkley and Walcott for £70m you plastic ***** :lol:

I'm confident that we'll have at least 3 new signings done and dusted by July, with 2-3 more to follow. We've quite clearly been planning for the summer since the start of the year which is encouraging to see.
Reply 150
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Who is it? Surely not Shed End...

No idea, doubt it but worst poster on the forum atm
Reply 151
Original post by difeo
21.5m isn't particularly cheap given we could get him on a free in a years time

Original post by samba
It's stupidly expensive and I don't believe we'd pay it. Bayern only managed to get 20M for Kroos who was in far higher demand. Why would dortmund get more for Gundogan ?

Well it isn't a stupid fee because he'd be worth a lot more if he had two or three years remaining. If you don't pay £21m for him now then any other club could swoop in for him and Dortmund would be more than happy to sell him instead of letting him go on a free..
Gundogan. Lovely man. 21M nothing for a club of our size. Worried about his injuries however. Where is Hummels?

What is happening with Depay? I am reading Liverpool are having 'secret talks' with him. Surely he'll be coming here over them?
Original post by hayles101
:sigh: no he didn't. People had a meltdown about this a few months ago, he hasn't had a bio for well over a year now.

That said, barring some Rooney style u-turn (as he is obviously considering leaving at the least), I believe he will go.

He's going Hayles and it's a great shame. He should stay. I'm surprised there isn't more of a stigma for once Athletico players going to Real.

Oh they're very scared.

They are not a big club. Two leagues and two cups doesn't change that. You need sustained success for 15 years to be a big club. Nobody would go to City over United now the finances are equal.
I'm scared City will get Pogba this summer now.
Original post by IceJJFish(IIII)
I'm scared City will get Pogba this summer now.

Shouldn't your username be, "IceJJFish(IV)"? Bro, do you even Roman numerals?

And don't worry, they won't get him.
I keep hearing this word rags...why do Manchester City call us rags?

Small Club. 20,000 Empty Seats. A joke that they are expanding their stadium, they don't fill it as it is!
Original post by qasidb
Shouldn't your username be, "IceJJFish(IV)"? Bro, do you even Roman numerals?

And don't worry, they won't get him.

Ffs I've been through this.

Why do you think not? They've got money to burn and a real need for him, probably between them and Madrid.
Reply 159
Original post by Fizzel
I think the issue of a final year contract only really applies if we were willing to let it run. We clearly want and need to buy this summer so that relieves pressure on Dortmund. Realistically we wouldn't be letting him run his deal down, because we can't make do till next summer, so its little threat for them unless they tank all their options and he's committed to leaving. DDG I think the threat of Real being happy to wait a year and get him on a free is a massively more likely situation considering they have Casillas and Navas, so our hand is forced somewhat if we can't get DDG on a deal. Similar with Kroos tbh, once Real were interested I think he was happy to wait it out.

There needs to be a clause in Spainish/South American players that they cant go to Real Madrid/ Barcelona once they come good

I'd been disappointed if DDG didnt sign a new contract, even just to bump up the fee we'd get for him, similar to what Bale and Suarez did.

Think its time for Woodward to get on the phone to Levy.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest