The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aurora_ice
How long does it actually take for someone to walk from Girton to the law faculty (Sidgwick site, I presume? :confused: ) Just curious. Thanks!

a good half-hour
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hey, have any of you guys got an offer? Got mine today :biggrin:
Original post by bradshawsl

Just got mine for HSPS
well done !!
Original post by cappunno18
Just got mine for HSPS
well done !!

Thanks! And to you too!!:smile:
Have any of you heard when (if?) international students will be emailed their decisions? I emailed them on Thursday and they haven't responded yet. :frown:

I checked Royal Mail mailing times, and it'll take another 4-6 business days until I receive the letter by hand. It would be awesome if they could tell us before that! Otherwise, it's going to be a loooooong week.

(I've applied for Physical Natural Sciences and I'm an American IB student.)

Congrats to those who have offers!
Reply 425

Congrats! Got an offer for Economics yesterday :smile:
Reply 426
Original post by bestsnow
Have any of you heard when (if?) international students will be emailed their decisions? I emailed them on Thursday and they haven't responded yet. :frown:

I checked Royal Mail mailing times, and it'll take another 4-6 business days until I receive the letter by hand. It would be awesome if they could tell us before that! Otherwise, it's going to be a loooooong week.

(I've applied for Physical Natural Sciences and I'm an American IB student.)

Congrats to those who have offers!

They said that offers will be given on UCAS soon but not sure if that will be before you get your letter... Good luck either way!!
Original post by Kayan.
Congrats! Got an offer for Economics yesterday :smile:

Congrats!! Hopefully we'll all see each other in October if all goes well:smile:
Original post by Kayan.
They said that offers will be given on UCAS soon but not sure if that will be before you get your letter... Good luck either way!!

Thanks!

That's pretty disconcerting... I heard that it can take a month for Cambridge to update UCAS (because I think they update all the colleges at once). :mad:

That's great! Got an offer for HSPS! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by jammiedan
That's great! Got an offer for HSPS! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats!!:biggrin:
Is anyone here applying to the almighty Girton college?
If so, show us your bike wheey - may Gandhi bless you.
Farewell.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm applying for Girton! I only know of one other person applying there this year. Should be fun when everyone assumes I was pooled :P
Original post by trythis
I'm applying for Girton! I only know of one other person applying there this year. Should be fun when everyone assumes I was pooled :P

Yes! I'm one of two from my school applying to Oxbridge, I chose Girton and she chose Trinity. Even though Girton has a reputation for pooling, it is a rather cool college in my humble opinion! Certainly the best of the 'pooling colleges'.
I wish you good luck in your application!
I'm applying to Girton for English!

Anyone else? I wa
Wahey Girton!!! Just saying my mum read English at Girton and enjoyed it immensely
I've been m̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ studying at Girton for two weeks now and I can confirm it's absolutely amazing place to live (plus the people here are pretty chill and relaxed too) :smile:

Honestly, the bike ride's not too bad either; the ride into the town centre in the mornings is downhill and it only takes about 15-20 minutes (10 or less if you're one of the faster ones).
(edited 7 years ago)
My daughter has applied to Girton to read Music (they are consistently in the top 3 of all colleges for Music exam results).

She really liked the college and the atmosphere when she went to their open day recently.
Reply 438
Any engineers around?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JMDC
Any engineers around?

I am a first year engineer at Girton if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending