The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
fibobs
I know that if any there will only be one other successful applicant for architecture at Girton 2007...i will have to wait to October to see who it is.

Same with me and Philosophy, would love to get to know them first!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
Imperium
Same with me and Philosophy, would love to get to know them first!

I know it's a female, who goes to my cousin's school. Small world, eh :p: ?!
Reply 42
i havent figured out who you are bob mate , please do tell, maybe im goin insane i dont know its just ive not been on here for a while!!!
Reply 43
rishman
i havent figured out who you are bob mate , please do tell, maybe im goin insane i dont know its just ive not been on here for a while!!!

Is that to me?
It isn't Bob...its fi, but hey 50/50 chance. I wasn't down until the 11th December so I don't think I know who you are either. I'm from Manchester and I got in for Architecture.
Reply 44
it was directed at me, don't worry . . . and rishman, i'd forgotten i'd written that until tonight at dinner, lol, that was well funny, :tongue:.
Reply 45
fibobs
Is that to me?
It isn't Bob...its fi, but hey 50/50 chance. I wasn't down until the 11th December so I don't think I know who you are either. I'm from Manchester and I got in for Architecture.

I only know one architect and he's not from Manchester! You must be the other one :wink:.

Are there any architects in 2nd year btw at Girton?
Reply 46
Where's he from (i think i met almost everyone on interview day)?
Reply 47
i don't think there are any 2nd year architects. i think it's just 2 first years and one third year although i can't be sure.
What about Oriental Studies (esp. Japanese)? How many orientalists (if that's what they're called) do you know at Girton?
I didn't hear of any when I was there for interview and I hope I won't be the only Japanese student ! :s-smilie:
Reply 49
fibobs
Where's he from (i think i met almost everyone on interview day)?

I think he was a Londoner. Might be wrong. He was Asian if that helps.

With Oriental Studies - I know people who are doing that, or doing it joint with a Modern Language, but I don't think I know someone studying Japanese. I do know a Japanese person (ethnically) studying Oriental Studies but I am not sure whether he is studying Japanese or something else...I really can't remember!

Sorry I'm not much use :wink:.
Reply 50
bob54321, all im gonna say is grooooowwwwwwl, glad i know who you are though, im keen for pint soon matey? in fact ill come give u a knock tomorow
Reply 51
just wondering...

Do girtonians usually work in the library at girton college? Or do they go to the University Library?

If I get a laptop, should I get a light portable one, so that I can carry around easily? Or should I get a slightly bulkier one, as I will mainly work at girton library any way?

Cheeeers.
Reply 52
Does Girton have a strong reputation for Economics?
Reply 53
check
just wondering...

Do girtonians usually work in the library at girton college? Or do they go to the University Library?

If I get a laptop, should I get a light portable one, so that I can carry around easily? Or should I get a slightly bulkier one, as I will mainly work at girton library any way?

Cheeeers.

Don't know many who work in the UL. You can work in your faculty library if you want, in your room or in the college library. All 3 are plausible. Unless you're a law student the latter 2 sounds like what you'll do (cycle back from lectures and work in Girton). If you get a laptop, light and portable would be good anyway!

As for whether Girton has a strong reputation for Economics - PM Rishman (he's an economist). They do take a number of economists and I've not heard any of them complain. Teaching is mostly faculty based anyway so it doesn't matter.
Reply 54
Hey guys. Just wondering if there were any English scholars amongst you? Any feedback at all about doing English at Girton would be really appreciated.
Can I ask why for Classics they also make you have another interview at another College? It seemed a bit strange that is all....
bEEt
Does Girton have a strong reputation for Economics?

Let's hope so, since I'm gonna be doing it :eek:
sooo all the fitties entering girton oct 2007 post now!
please also state your gender, orientation and how good you're in bed.

*yawn*
Reply 58
Original post by Pho&#8721
sooo all the fitties entering girton oct 2007 post now!
please also state your gender, orientation and how good you're in bed.

*yawn*

Slow day, huh? :wink:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks, and it seems there's a serious lack of TSR Girtonians. Awk well. I'm sure they'll come out of the woodwork when/if I get there.
Reply 59
I was also thinking that there seems to be a severe lack of TSR Girtonians.
If you have facebook though, come and join our group because there's about 40 of us on there (+ about 40 first years). It's called 'Girton students for 2007' or something. xxx
ps phoenix, lol @ the fitties comment and are you a boy or a girl??

Quick Reply

Latest