The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Nice nice, its great stuff and it opens up many roads for masters degree or jobs :biggrin:

So when are you applying to get in for? and you never answered the hotty question!

you like my location? My mom doesn't, she says I need to get off her man (not my dad btw... ewww)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Pho&#8721
Nice nice, its great stuff and it opens up many roads for masters degree or jobs :biggrin:

So when are you applying to get in for? and you never answered the hotty question!

you like my location? My mom doesn't, she says I need to get off her man (not my dad btw... ewww)

LMAO!

im applying later this year =] and what hotty question o.O or are you talking to someone else? =P
nice, good luck with your application, what will be henceforth be refered to as "the hotty question" is :

are. you. hot. question mark.

:p:
nice, good luck with your application, what will be henceforth be refered to as "the hotty question" is :

are. you. hot. question mark.

:p:

lmao xD ima quote that, thats bloody classic xD

well there should be a pic of me on my profile if not

www.myspace.con/nooblet
"Cannot find page" *sigh*

yay i'm being quoted :biggrin: I guess I deserve another Gin&Tonic (I'm actually out of tonic so I get drunk pretty fast :rolleyes: )

:cheers: well the hotty question won't be a problem soon enough.. another 2 drinks and just about anything with a smile *cough* and a penis *cough* will look good *collapses*
"Cannot find page" *sigh*

yay i'm being quoted :biggrin: I guess I deserve another Gin&Tonic (I'm actually out of tonic so I get drunk pretty fast :rolleyes: )

:cheers: well the hotty question won't be a problem soon enough.. another 2 drinks and just about anything with a smile *cough* and a penis *cough* will look good *collapses*

LMAO!

hm id say sitting at home and getting drunk is kinda sad but i must admit it im am paritcle to it, a good computer game, a few beers, some hard liqour and crips =]

woops the url was wrong

www.myspace.com/nooblet

i typed .con by mistake >.<
Well why didn't you just say you're hot :rolleyes: some people... it's too bad you're straight, apart from liking pokemon you do check out :eek: (I like your friend's hair ... must take a bit to keep it tidy like that)

oh and the drinking thing... only sad if you're alone :p: my non-boyfriend is currently getting ready for bed :flute: and i like to keep him waiting ... the downside is he's 100% sober atm since he drank all the tonic, while I had the gin.

aaanyway I'm afraid this is the last post for tonight... nice to see some (very :eek: ) open minded guys applying to cambr and all the best!
haha thanks xD

well good night man =]

speak to you soon hopefully ;]
sigh... this thread died without me and my scandalous whorish behaviour :s:
Reply 89
*tumbleweed rolls on through Girton thread*

C'mon guys, where are you all hiding? Don't let all the smut put you off!
Reply 90
Hey, i've been accepted at Girton for medicine.
I've got a question though... I got all the details in the post today and it says college charges are around £4500, but this seems really high, my loan wont even cover it! So, where has the figure come from, what are the room charges, food charges....
Reply 91
hey :-) i'm a current medic at girton, just about to go into second year. £4500 sounds a bit high...i think those are the college fees which i don't think you pay unless you're an international student or something. not sure of the exact ins and outs-all i'm sure of is that being a UK student means i don't pay them. you get your college bill when you arrive and that includes your rent, kfc etc Rent is around £800 a term and i think kfc is £137 but i'm not sure. Feel free to pm if you have any medicy questions or otherwise :-) xxxx
Reply 92
cheers. i guess i'll wait and see what happens with the charges but i've got more questions...
Do girton provide irons and ironing boards, kitchen stuff?
Reply 93
there's an iron and ironing board in the same room as the washing machines on the darkside of college (floors D, E, F) and i assume there must be a similar arrangement on the other side (floors A,B,C). as for kitchen stuff you'll need your own cutlery, plates, pots, pans, colanders etc....how much you bring depends on how adventurous a cook you are. on my corridor (F) there was a toaster and a kettle in the kitchen but i'm not sure about other kitchens. best to bring your own kettle i think at least. some people brought their own microwaves but that's bordering on unnecessary i think. my kitchen didn't have one until someone donated it but there was one in a kitchen nearby so i just used that, not a huge hassle really. x
Reply 94
Hi guys,

Small practicality question to revive the Girton thread: should we clear our room during every holiday and, if so, are there storage rooms to put our stuff?

Thanks
Reply 95
Yeah, you have to completely clear out your room as far as I know, some rooms have cupboards with locks, you may be able to keep stuff in there.

There is limited storage, with priority given to international students.
Reply 96
Good, I'm international.
Reply 97
How about mini fridges, yes/no/maybe?
Reply 98
Ditto paneity. Also wondering whether there is any point rigging up an LCD monitor to work as a TV replacement...
Reply 99
mini fridges are ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending