The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Any around? Might have spotted me about during interview week, i was generally about if not showing you to your rooms- would be good to see if some of you are on TSR as every other college seems to have a thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I apologise for the following post, but college rivalry dictates I must make it:

:rofl:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I had my interviews on December 6th, I'm a French girl applying for Japanese... I've been lurking here for some months now :redface:
I really, really liked Girton anyway :smile:
Reply 3
Girton really is a beautiful college! I remember the first time I saw it: November last year, freezing cold, all the windows lit up, emitting a really friendly glow (and the shape of the big windows is lovely). Great place. :smile:
yupp I came on 7th december... interview for economics...

rishman what subject are you studying?

I went to the JCR for about 2 hours before my TSA, then afterwards there was no room, so I walked around with some dude I met exploring the college... This is when I realised I hate corridors! In order to get from corner to another, you have to literally walk around the whole perimiter!

We got lost quite a few times as well :s

Yeh it would be nice to see more Girton applicants on TSR. After going there, I don't see why Girton is slated so much, it's nice and big and not really that far from the centre as everyone says. 2 miles is nothing really.
Reply 5
TheImpaledWarthog
yupp I came on 7th december... interview for economics...

rishman what subject are you studying?

I went to the JCR for about 2 hours before my TSA, then afterwards there was no room, so I walked around with some dude I met exploring the college... This is when I realised I hate corridors! In order to get from corner to another, you have to literally walk around the whole perimiter!

We got lost quite a few times as well :s

Yeh it would be nice to see more Girton applicants on TSR. After going there, I don't see why Girton is slated so much, it's nice and big and not really that far from the centre as everyone says. 2 miles is nothing really.

It's further than the cavendish, and that's well far away :p:

Walking or cycling over 2 miles to every lecture isn't fun, I struggle to be bothered to walk 100m to my lectures at 9am...
Reply 6
aha i remember I think I did meet you Nono Seventeen! I was the fellow lurking round most likely in sandals, a girton "hoodie" and jeans

I'm studying economics warthog! I was definitely around on the 7th, whether I was in bed Im not too sure :wink:

Nice to know some potential girtonians on here :biggrin:
Robob
It's further than the cavendish, and that's well far away :p:

Walking or cycling over 2 miles to every lecture isn't fun, I struggle to be bothered to walk 100m to my lectures at 9am...

How do you know that it's not fun when you never do it? You must be extremely lazy...
Reply 8
leannemarie
How do you know that it's not fun when you never do it? You must be extremely lazy...

Lol, because I have to do it to get to the cavendish.... admittedly in the afternoon, and I used to have to do it when I went to school, and I personally didn't enjoy it.

Well, I probably am too lazy, well I'm not really a morning person :p:
Reply 9
i wanted to apply there but later chose emma instead :biggrin:
Reply 10
murderdoll
i wanted to apply there but later chose emma instead :biggrin:

And Emma is also very lovely.

I like Girton, always have. Just not massively keen on cycling which is what knocked it off my list. :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Hey all, thought I'd introduce myself along with Rishi :wink:. I'm a 2nd year Philosophy student at Girton - once you guys hear on (NY day?), just drop any questions you have for both of us on this thread, or PM us I guess. Good to know there's some applicants around here :smile:.
TheImpaledWarthog

After going there, I don't see why Girton is slated so much,

4 words: INDOOR HEATED SWIMMING POOL.
Reply 13
No offers? Maybe we should wait for the pooling to begin :wink:.
Reply 14
Hello,
I still haven't had an answer from Girton :frown: (maths)
I live in China, sent an email yesterday, but still no answer.

Hope I'll get an offer though! Girton sounds great!
Reply 15
Oooh :smile: Good luck on it!
Reply 16
How long does it actually take for someone to walk from Girton to the law faculty (Sidgwick site, I presume? :confused: ) Just curious. Thanks!
Pooled, by Girton. *****.
Reply 18
aurora_ice
How long does it actually take for someone to walk from Girton to the law faculty (Sidgwick site, I presume? :confused: ) Just curious. Thanks!

About 40 minutes I'd say. My friend used to do it everyday last year, so it IS do-able :smile:. She now lives at Wolfson Court, which is about 5-10mins away depending on whether you cycle or walk (ah the joys..)

Pooled by Girton :frown:? Ah harsh, and good luck (to Warthog). Let us know what happens!
Reply 19
Girton have made me an offer, Philosophy, just have to become a hermit and get the grades for it now!

Quick Reply

Latest