The Student Room Group

online dating

I've been talking to a guy for a while now, I saw him on an online dating site. He has said about meeting up (he's really local) should I? Or is it a little dodgy? I've never met someone off the internet before...
is the dating site genuine? does he have Skype or FaceTime? ask him to get one of those so that you can video call him (to prove he exists).

you're on a dodgy dating site if he refuses. or sidesteps every single one of your requests.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why not suggest meeting up in a very public area... like a pub. Tell a few friends or family where you're going to be and say you'll text them if everything is ok or something so youll have some sort of privacy but you're still safe
Definitely video call before you meet - match photos to video. Hopefully then you can prove to yourself he's real and then meet. Otherwise he could be a fake but you don't know till you try :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are so many scammers out there. Have you spoken to him on the phone yet? I suppose its best to meet in a public place.

I came across a really good app last weekend called Pulsate - it works in nightclubs and I was out with friends so relatively safe. I was curious who i would match with and I met a couple of girls there & then at the bar. It was a great way to break the ice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending