The Student Room Group

Good looking guy; terrible experience with Tinder

I'm honestly just fed up with Tinder. Seriously like I'm actually a pretty good looking guy (Uploaded photos), I get called hot, handsome, etc, I get looks from girls all the time, yet on Tinder I seem to only attract mostly ugly girls or very rarely a 7/10 who gives me a bitchy attitude, and I'm literally spamming the heart button.

What am I doing wrong, it's really depressing me. Everyone seems to have success with this app...

If attachment isn't working: https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11150469_10153176855485979_7241148263692942247_n.jpg?oh=e120a280741fccf601ab7a7c6f0ab230&oe=55DA7A3F
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Attachments aren't working.
Original post by blueconstellation
Attachments aren't working.

This.

Also, sounds like the completely wrong approach to me mate. Tinder is generally a hookup app, you'll go far if you're forward and confident and take charge.

EDIT: OP has been deleted, what was the point in him even posting...

EDIT 2: Oh, it's back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by WoodyMKC
This.

Also, sounds like the completely wrong approach to me mate. Tinder is generally a hookup app, you'll go far if you're forward and confident and take charge.

I didn't even delete the post, it's this stupid forum... I clearly uploaded the photos, it works for me. I tried posting another link but it has to be approved for moderators... scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11150469_10153176855485979_7241148263692942247_n.jpg?oh=e120a280741fccf601ab7a7c6f0ab230&oe=55DA7A3F
Reply 5
Original post by WoodyMKC
This.

This forum is pissing me off, this is my second post now. Because the other post is hidden because I posted a link. The attachments work for me. Christ...
Post your Tinder profile description here. (as in, write it down rather than attaching it as TSR's rules on images might be a bit strict) If you get complimented on your appearance frequently, it's probably not the issue, as long as:

- You have more than one or two pictures of yourself
- You have at least one picture of yourself alone
- Your face is clearly visible in most of your pictures

Two questions:

- Is the problem the number of matches or the actual matches leading to something?
- How long do you swipe for, say, in a week?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Post your Tinder profile description here. If you get complimented on your appearance frequently, it's probably not the issue, as long as:

- You have more than one or two pictures of yourself
- You have at least one picture of yourself alone
- Your face is clearly visible in most of your pictures

That's my profile right now. Two shots, one smile, one more serious. Both alone.
Original post by stockman223
That's my profile right now. Two shots, one smile, one more serious. Both alone.

Body pictures tend to work well on Tinder.
Reply 9
Here's another attachment, not sure if it'll work.

Mmmm... I've used Tinder for all kinds of things. It's not always for hook-ups.
Body pictures tend to work well on Tinder.

True :biggrin:
Here's another attachment, not sure if it'll work.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: jpg 11150469_10153176855485979_7241148263692942247_n.jpg (31.7 KB)

Still not working. Write down your profile description here.

I feel iffy about guys who only have two pictures. Upload one or two more, at least. Have at least one with friends to show you're not a loony.
I feel iffy about guys who only have two pictures. Upload one or two more, at least. Have at least one with friends to show you're not a loony.

"I like workout out and writing" lol. Maybe I should change it? Do girls really read that?
For pictures, take a pic of you shirtless (if you have a good body), one with a dog and / or depending on how old you are a suit. :laugh:

--

Haven't seen your OP but typically with it you need just take the piss in a lot of what you say and be forward with it.

Here's good for some ideas. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165959991
(edited 8 years ago)
Here's a url for you guys, remove spaces:

scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn . net / hphotos-xat1/ v/t1.0-9/11150469_10153176855485979_7241148263692942247_n.jpg?oh=e120a280741fccf601ab7a7c6f0ab230&oe=55DA7A3F
"I like workout out and writing" lol. Maybe I should change it? Do girls really read that?

If I'm unsure whether I like a guy I look at the description to find out more about him. Equally, sometimes the description can put me off swiping right even when I'm attracted to him. This is just my opinion and others might be different.

If you're into working out it should be clear from the topless picture already recommended to you :tongue: Be more specific with 'writing' - is this journalism, novels, comics?

Things to put down:

- What you do eg. student, and possibly what you study/what uni you go to
- Interests that don't make you seem like a couch potato eg. sports, art etc.
- Where you're from, if it's vaguely interesting/sexy
- If you speak any foreign languages

Things not to put down:

- Cliches eg. 'Happy to tell people we didn't meet on Tinder'
- Dumb quotes
- A ton of **** I'm not going to be bothered to read
- Your ****ing Instagram name

Attachment still not working.
Also check my post above as I added stuff to it after it was quoted.
If I'm unsure whether I like a guy I look at the description to find out more about him. Equally, sometimes the description can put me off swiping right even when I'm attracted to him. This is just my opinion and others might be different.

If you're into working out it should be clear from the topless picture already recommended to you :tongue: Be more specific with 'writing' - is this journalism, novels, comics?

Things to put down:

- What you do eg. student, and possibly what you study/what uni you go to
- Interests that don't make you seem like a couch potato eg. sports, art etc.
- Where you're from, if it's vaguely interesting/sexy
- If you speak any foreign languages

Things not to put down:

- Cliches eg. 'Happy to tell people we didn't meet on Tinder'
- Dumb quotes
- A ton of **** I'm not going to be bothered to read
- Your ****ing Instagram name

Attachment still not working.
Also check my post above as I added stuff to it after it was quoted.

- Is the problem the number of matches or the actual matches leading to something?

Number of matches, and when I do get matches, they're nobody I find attractive.

- How long do you swipe for, say, in a week?

I haven't used Tinder for quite a bit. But I swiped at least 200-300 girls in total now.

I also updated my description to fit that critera. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending