The Student Room Group

Approaching someone in the library?

As it's exam season, everyone at my uni is at the library hard at work. The problem is I see so many attractive girls.

Now I wouldn't normally approach someone in the library, but today as I was working this girl in front of me was looking at me from time to time, sighing or making some noise tiem to time, and touching her hair and stuff. I kind of felt like she was attracted to me, but I wasn't sure, in the end I did nothing as I was busy and had no idea what to do since I was in a library! (note: I was sat nearish to her earlier in the day as well, she wasn't acting like as well, was still looking at me but was a little distance away from me)

What should I do if do wan't to approach someone in the library, provided they're not too busy of course (say if they're taking a break, on facebook etc)

Scroll to see replies

Say this " Hey what you doing there? Oh ye, cool. Now stop doing that and do me"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say 'Hey, I'm looking for a book called 'how to deal with rejection without killing', have you seen it?'

Then look at them like this :bigsmile:
Reply 3
There is something about a library which set the libido rising. But start with smiling and if it's recriprocated move to a witty quip and from there to suggesting a coffee.
Finger blast them mentally

Posted from TSR Mobile
write a cute note and pass it to her. You could put something like " All this work is tiring. Wanna get coffee together?" haha.
Approaching somebody in a library would be extremely weird.
Original post by james1801
Approaching somebody in a library would be extremely weird.

Really? I get that it may not be the ideal place because people are tying to study but surely it's not that weird.
Aw, this takes me back to my final year of college...

My friend and I were sitting in the library revising for our last exam and a guy from out classics class came over to say hi and handed her an envelope. He'd written her the sweetest, most romantic letter, explaining how he felt about her and that he hadn't wanted to tell her in case he distracted her from her exams, but that he really cared about her and felt that this was the right time to tell her, etc.

She was gobsmacked (I wasn't as I'd seen it coming for a while) and sharing the letter with the rest of her friends and our classics teacher, she met up with the guy and they've been together for almost three years now.

So yes, feel free to approach girls in the library if you want, just don't put them off their work.
Reply 9
Original post by Plumstone
Aw, this takes me back to my final year of college...

My friend and I were sitting in the library revising for our last exam and a guy from out classics class came over to say hi and handed her an envelope. He'd written her the sweetest, most romantic letter, explaining how he felt about her and that he hadn't wanted to tell her in case he distracted her from her exams, but that he really cared about her and felt that this was the right time to tell her, etc.

She was gobsmacked (I wasn't as I'd seen it coming for a while) and sharing the letter with the rest of her friends and our classics teacher, she met up with the guy and they've been together for almost three years now.

So yes, feel free to approach girls in the library if you want, just don't put them off their work.

Im almost 21, im not sure if passing a note would come off a bit "childish?"

I was so confused last night as I couldn't tell if the girl had taken a liking to me or I was just thinking things up in my head lol.
You should of went over and asked her how her studies were going, she seemed stressed, maybe help her with her work or revise together next time then after take her to lunch or something xxx
Original post by Anonymous
Im almost 21, im not sure if passing a note would come off a bit "childish?"

I was so confused last night as I couldn't tell if the girl had taken a liking to me or I was just thinking things up in my head lol.

One could argue that it's better to risk seeming childish by passing a note than get shot by the demonic librarians for talking....

Anyway, obviously I have no idea if the girl liked you or not, but if you don't make the approach then you'll never find out one way or the other, will you? I'd say go for it - you've got nothing to lose!
Original post by SceneKid17
You should of went over and asked her how her studies were going, she seemed stressed, maybe help her with her work or revise together next time then after take her to lunch or something xxx

*You should have gone
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Really? I get that it may not be the ideal place because people are tying to study but surely it's not that weird.

it would, when you consider motives, and the fact it would be in a library- a place of study and supposedly intellect. Not a nightclub in Magaluf for obviously non-intellectuals
flare your nostrils and moan gently. always works for me.
Reply 15
Not read post, i would say takr the plunge, i lately have been asking both sexes for there numbers as I feel they are my kind of people so would like to stay in contact, I have cute foot locker guys number to get. So for the record I am doing it to expand my circle not for hook ups :smile:.

The worst is a no and maybe rudr words if that should happen just dismiss em.
Original post by SceneKid17

maybe ask her for a quickie in the back yard too :wink: :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
maybe ask her for a quickie in the back yard too :wink: :wink:

hahahaha yep
Original post by lou 22
Not read post, i would say takr the plunge, i lately have been asking both sexes for there numbers as I feel they are my kind of people so would like to stay in contact, I have cute foot locker guys number to get. So for the record I am doing it to expand my circle not for hook ups :smile:.

The worst is a no and maybe rudr words if that should happen just dismiss em.

How would I go about doing that? I'm not very good at introducing myself to completely new people, it's enough if I have a mutual friend I get anywhere in terms of making friends. Talking to a attractive girl for the first is always tough for me lol.
Original post by james1801
it would, when you consider motives, and the fact it would be in a library- a place of study and supposedly intellect. Not a nightclub in Magaluf for obviously non-intellectuals

Don't see the logic. It's not only non-intellectuals that date. And to use your own example, how many intellectuals are going to go to Magaluf to find a partner? Not saying it's the perfect place or the intellectual's answer to Magaluf, but I don't think it's too bizarre to ask someone out in a library considering you're at a university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending