The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield trough clearing?

Hey, I was wondering if the University of Sheffield usually offers courses through clearing after exam results day. Or does this vary from year to year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good morning :-)

I think this is our first query about Clearing 2015 ;-) Yes, we will have places available in August but until the exam results come in we won't know which courses will have places. Usually, we offer a pre-registration service so that students who think they will be looking for a course in August can sign up to find out about course vacancies. This service normally goes live in late July.

We will keep the University home page (www.sheffield.ac.uk) updated about Clearing in August and it's also worth keeping an eye on www.sheffield.ac.uk/clearing (although please note that this page does not have 2015 information yet).

Best regards

Elizabeth
UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Thank you, that's very useful ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hello Elizabeth,

If I was coming to Sheffield through clearing my by far preferred accommodation would be Endcliffe, is it likely that I'd be put there? Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MPH1997
Hello Elizabeth,

If I was coming to Sheffield through clearing my by far preferred accommodation would be Endcliffe, is it likely that I'd be put there? Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not Elizabeth but from what I've seen yes however a lot of the people who went through clearing ended up in Stephenson hall with most ending up in South Wing which is not really the best place to live. I also know of a few people who went through clearing that the uni ended up renting private accommodation for and that was quite far away so there's also that risk although it's a small one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending