The Student Room Group

How soon after a School Direct interview did you hear if you were successful or not?

I had my interview on Thursday and haven't heard anything. I thought it went really well, but beginning to doubt myself due to the silence in them letting me know either way. Can anyone enlighten me, whether successful or not, as to how long it took them to get back to you?

I'm not giving you false hope but do remember for one uni hearing back almost immediately (next day) to say I'd been rejected, so at least if you haven't heard back they are considering it carefully!

I guess the standard is within a week, so I would imagine you would hear by end of this week at latest.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by elmaldito
I'm not giving you false hope but do remember for one uni hearing back almost immediately (next day) to say I'd been rejected, so at least if you haven't heard back they are considering it carefully!

I guess the standard is within a week, so I would imagine you would hear by end of this week at latest.

Good luck!

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I heard from them yesterday. I wasn't successful but they took time considering me but the majority agreed I needed more classroom experience before I'm ready. They've guaranteed me an interview if I apply next year with more experience, so I've asked for some advice and hopefully this time next year I'll be able to say I've got onto the one I want :smile:. Did you get onto a training course?
Sorry to hear that!

Why not try for another training provider? Or, if not, maybe more classroom experience would be good to feel more confident teaching in a school, then apply to the same place. Could be better in the long-run.

I was accepted last year but ended up doing something else as I wasn't ready, so am applying again this year.
Reply 4
Original post by elmaldito
Sorry to hear that!

Why not try for another training provider? Or, if not, maybe more classroom experience would be good to feel more confident teaching in a school, then apply to the same place. Could be better in the long-run.

I was accepted last year but ended up doing something else as I wasn't ready, so am applying again this year.

I was due to have a PGCE interview today, but I just don't feel I'll get the support or enough in school experience compared to the school direct provider I liked. I'd rather buy myself more time to get more experience to make a more informed decision as to whether I want to go into teaching and also gives me chance to see how the new government might pan out.

Where are you applying for? x
Original post by js211
I was due to have a PGCE interview today, but I just don't feel I'll get the support or enough in school experience compared to the school direct provider I liked.

I think they generally say it's the opposite. SD throws you straight in there so if you don't have enough experience a PGCE is probably better because you usually start in the school later and are said to get more support etc (SD is supposed to be more intense). I think you should have a read up on the two, but it's hard to fully know as ESID (every situation is different).

Where are you applying for? x

I'm applying to Reading :smile: Which one was it that you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending