The Student Room Group

The Ugly One?

I know this isn't important but I think it restricts me on nearly every way. I have trouble with my self esteem and whenever I go anywhere I always notice how ugly I am compared to others. For instance, if I go to an open day at university instead of concentrating on what's important, my mind is preoccupied with how pretty all the other girls are and therefore all the attention off guys they will get and how I won't get any. I always feel like I don't have a chance with anyone because of the lack of attention I get off guys and I try and tell myself there's more important things to focus on but it is so difficult. Has anyone got any tips or advice on how to stop thinking like this because it's ruining my life?
Aww im sorry you feel this way, and you shouldn’t care on how pretty the other girls look just focus on yourself, looks aren’t everything personality matters as much and if guys are giving attention to girls for their looks then you should consider yourself lucky, the guys will prob just use them for their bodies, it’s good to be loved by someone for who you are rather than the way you look trust me, Just be yourself and everything will be ok! You should focus on your studies xxxx Good Luck!
Even Victoria's Secret models have thoughts like that from time to time. Like there's always someone better than them at everything. Well usually these kinds of people are only fabricated in your head. Plus do you really need male attention right now? Is it really that important? What about your career?
Original post by shawn_o1
Even Victoria's Secret models have thoughts like that from time to time. Like there's always someone better than them at everything. Well usually these kinds of people are only fabricated in your head. Plus do you really need male attention right now? Is it really that important? What about your career?

Well said :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SceneKid17
Aww im sorry you feel this way, and you shouldn’t care on how pretty the other girls look just focus on yourself, looks aren’t everything personality matters as much and if guys are giving attention to girls for their looks then you should consider yourself lucky, the guys will prob just use them for their bodies, it’s good to be loved by someone for who you are rather than the way you look trust me, Just be yourself and everything will be ok! You should focus on your studies xxxx Good Luck!

Thank you, I just feel like no one else cares about personality and stuff and that I should just forget everything because I'm not pretty. I'm trying to focus on my studies but it's difficult, I know it's a stupid thing to focus on but it's just how I am :/
awww dont worry everyone feels like that at times your not alone, you should try to get attention from useful things not pointless things such as how pretty you are compared to others, it wont really get you anywhere! just aim to do well at Uni and everything will be fine xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending