The Student Room Group

history controlled assessment

I have done my controlled assessment for history I used some information and added the links in a bibliography. I used some history facts from these links to tell me what each president did to further the civil rights . I copied he facts is this plagerism. I only used a few sentences from these links out of 2000words ..... is hiss plagerism reply please
Reply 1
Since you copied the facts, you have to put single quotation marks around them to show it wasn't your own words but somebody else's even if you have mentioned the source in your bibliography. In that essence, it could be classed as plagiarism.
If you didn't put that in, I'd talk to your teacher about this and see if you can go back and add the quotation marks in.
Reply 2
Tbh I didn't really copy it word for word but i did kind of ... for example I wrote Kennedy kick started the civil rights act...... my teacher said there facts it doesn't matter but idk not sure ... she said u can't change the facts so it is fine but I did use the same words I did this like 4 times , maybe like 50 words out of 2000 also like the civil rights act 1965 I wrote the full definition .... is this still known as copy right
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Would I get disqualified from all my exams all boards ???? W
I didn't know this was plagarism
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mark000
Would I get disqualified from all my exams all boards ???? W
I didn't know this was plagarism

Since you just copied facts you won't get disqualified from your exams. They take into account that facts are usually copied hence they ask for referencing or a bibliography, which you did, so it should be fine. :smile: Don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by azzax
Since you just copied facts you won't get disqualified from your exams. They take into account that facts are usually copied hence they ask for referencing or a bibliography, which you did, so it should be fine. :smile: Don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It opened all public accommodations hotels, restaurants, swimming pools to all Americans regardless of race, color, religion or national origin. this is what i used

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Thats not plagiarism since thr words used are different (even if its just the basic words) and you wrote the source.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by azzax
Thats not plagiarism since you changed some of the words and you wrote the source.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thanks mate could you please edit the post as it still on here
Reply 8
Original post by mark000
ok thanks mate could you please edit the post as it still on here

No problem
What do you want me to edit? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by azzax
No problem
What do you want me to edit? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

the post where i wrote what i changed it to, you quoted on it
Reply 10
Original post by mark000
the post where i wrote what i changed it to, you quoted on it

You want me to get rid of the quote? Sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by azzax
You want me to get rid of the quote? Sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes please
Reply 12
Original post by mark000
yes please

Done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

thanks alot, :P goodluck with all your exams
Reply 14
Original post by mark000
thanks alot, :P goodluck with all your exams