The Student Room Group

Him.

So I've been crushing on this guy for a good year now and I've developed some intense af feelings for him. A couple of weeks ago I told him that I liked him. He was so sweet but he told me he didn't feel the same way. He said that he didn't like anyone. I still believe that to be bs tbh because okay, he may not feel the same way about me but he acts extremely touchy feeley with other girls (including my ex-bestfriend who knows how I feel about him but still flirts with him) Should I stop talking to him altogether even though we talk all the time and are still friends after everything? or should i keep pursuing him? or just stay friends? ah sorry for the SOOPER long paragraph :smile:

Scroll to see replies

If I were you I'd stay friends, if you like him and he's a good friend then there's no point ignoring him. I wouldn't pursue it any further, you've put your cards on the table, he knows how you feel, if he gets feelings for you then it's his move, if not then you don't want to keep pestering, it won't be good for either of you! Maybe try talking to your friend and asking her to stop flirting with him? Or you could just flirt with other people and have fun yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by asdfghjklEllie
If I were you I'd stay friends, if you like him and he's a good friend then there's no point ignoring him. I wouldn't pursue it any further, you've put your cards on the table, he knows how you feel, if he gets feelings for you then it's his move, if not then you don't want to keep pestering, it won't be good for either of you! Maybe try talking to your friend and asking her to stop flirting with him? Or you could just flirt with other people and have fun yourself.

Awe thanks, you're really good with advice. However - she's not my friend anymore. We don't talk and I've found out that she never really liked me so...
Original post by ThatGurl
Awe thanks, you're really good with advice. However - she's not my friend anymore. We don't talk and I've found out that she never really liked me so...

Aww thank you, I'm glad I could help.

In that case all you can really do is try to ignore the behaviour and if it really bothers you try to stop spending time with the two of them together - sounds like you wouldn't be missing her much anyway.
Stay friends cutie pie :smile:
Reply 5
So I've been crushing on this guy for a good year now and I've developed some intense af feelings for him. A couple of weeks ago I told him that I liked him. He was so sweet but he told me he didn't feel the same way. He said that he didn't like anyone. I still believe that to be bs tbh because okay, he may not feel the same way about me but he acts extremely touchy feeley with other girls (including my ex-bestfriend who knows how I feel about him but still flirts with him) Should I stop talking to him altogether even though we talk all the time and are still friends after everything? or should i keep pursuing him? or just stay friends? ah sorry for the SOOPER long paragraph :smile:

He said he "didn't feel the same way", let it go, if he feels the same way that you do, he will actively pursue you.

And don't get desperate because that's not attractive. You've already expressed how you feel now it's his turn to reciprocate.

"He acts extremely touchy feeley" as you put it, but not with you.

That right there should give you the hint that he has no interest in you.

Just move on, you'll find someone esle, also he sounds like ****.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by asdfghjklEllie
Aww thank you, I'm glad I could help.

In that case all you can really do is try to ignore the behaviour and if it really bothers you try to stop spending time with the two of them together - sounds like you wouldn't be missing her much anyway.

I try as much as I can to keep away from them both together but we're in the same lessons at least once everyday :/
Reply 7
Original post by Maradiah
He said he "didn't feel the same way", let it go, if he feels the same way that you do, he will actively pursue you.

And don't get desperate because that's not attractive.

"He acts extremely touchy feeley" as you put it, but not with you.

That right there should give you the hint that he has no interest in you.

Just move on, you'll find someone esle, also he sounds like ****.

Obviously I get that he literally doesn't like me in that way but we're quite close and he does flirt with me but not in the way he would do with another girl if you get where I'm coming from and seriously though, he's not s***. He is actually really sweet yet REALLY stupid at the same time lol
Reply 8
Obviously I get that he literally doesn't like me in that way but we're quite close and he does flirt with me but not in the way he would do with another girl if you get where I'm coming from and seriously though, he's not s***. He is actually really sweet yet REALLY stupid at the same time lol

Exactly, he sounds like the kind of guy that could never be held down by one girl, he likes to have his thomas the tank engine in a few bridges not just one.

His sweet just like he is with every other girl, don't let him hypnotise you, this guy is a pimp.
(edited 9 years ago)
It is possible not to be attracted to anyone; asexuality?
Reply 10
Exactly, he sounds like the kind of guy that could never be held down by one girl, he likes to have his thomas the tank engine in a few bridges not just one.

His sweet just like he is with every other girl, don't let him hypnotise you, this guy is a pimp.

I'm gonna sound really cliched and sad but idgaf tbh: you don't know him like I do if ygm.
I don't think there's much point in pursuing him if he's said he doesn't like you, that will just make you seem desperate and might freak him out.
Reply 12
Original post by German123
It is possible not to be attracted to anyone; asexuality?

not sure what you mean

It's quite common to flirt with people you don't actually like or want a relationship with though. I've done it and I've had it done to me :dontknow:
I'm gonna sound really cliched and sad but idgaf tbh: you don't know him like I do if ygm.

What are you doing, this guy is a P.I.M.P, he''ll seduce you and use you then abuse you.:sigh:

Don't fall fot it!
Reply 15
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's quite common to flirt with people you don't actually like or want a relationship with though. I've done it and I've had it done to me :dontknow:

Yep, I get where you're coming from but I'm more of a friend to him I suppose. I've never seen him talk to a girl how he would to me but with other girls he would flirt with them and not me. (i dont think that made any sense :/)
not sure what you mean

The word "asexuality" simply means you are not attracted to anyone. You can google this to be sure.

Anyway, since he said he is not interested I would personally stay friends.
Reply 17
What are you doing, this guy is a P.I.M.P, he''ll seduce you and use you then abuse you.:sigh:

Don't fall fot it!

WOW okay I think you're taking it a little TOO far. I'm REALLY not dumb enough to fall for that kind of **** to be frank and I know you're gonna reply with something like 'you don't realise when its happening to you blah blah blah' but that really wasn't the point of this post - this post was just asking whether i should remain friends with him or not :/
Reply 18
Original post by German123
The word "asexuality" simply means you are not attracted to anyone. You can google this to be sure.

Anyway, since he said he is not interested I would personally stay friends.

I know that lol i was just asking cos i didn't understand the sentence lol. ah okay thanks x
I know that lol i was just asking cos i didn't understand the sentence lol. ah okay thanks x

cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending