The Student Room Group

views on student accomodation at leeds?

im hopefully going to be studying fine art in leeds later this year, but i havent had a chance to look at any accommodation yet as i live near london n its hard for me to get up there/ trains are expensive

i was wondering if anyone could give me a rundown of their views of the accommodation there firsthand, as it all looks nice on the website haha
ill definitely be self-catered and im not fussed about en-suites etc, any views will be very helpful, thanks! :smile:
Pressuming this is Uni of Leeds?
If you want self catered & shared bathroom I'd say Henry Price as its on campus, and also the bathrooms are only shared between two so it's practically ensuite anyway, without the price. Relatively cheap too (£107pw) for a standard room and the kitchen space is quite big, flats are 8-9 people so really sociable. The only drawback is that as it's the only self catered on campus it gets massively oversubscribed, so you might be taking a risk.

James Baille Park has a mixture of ensuite & shared bathroom, and it's said to be really quite sociable. It's about 20 min walk from uni, or 10-15 on the bus (which are like every 5 minutes). The rooms are really nice as it's quite new, and has a large-ish kitchen/living area. Think its about £115-£120 a week.

For cheap and cheerful, Lupton is a great choice. It will get reviews of "miles away" and "tiny" but honestly it's only 2.5 miles away and there is regular buses, and yes the kitchens are tiny but all the more reason to party in the stairwells. The rooms are actually some of the biggest depending on our allocation. As it's only £88 per week too you'll have way more money for essentials like food and alcohol (and buses/taxi's cause who wants to walk home on a northern november night?). Never gets over subscribed either.

If you are going to Met, Trinity or College of Arts, sorry that's all totally irrelevant
Reply 2
Thankyou so much for the detailed response, sorry I've just seen this! I am really considering james baillie, as it seems as all round a lovely place and I'm not bothered about being on campus- do you think not being on campus makes much of a difference in daily life?
Original post by ejcowell
Thankyou so much for the detailed response, sorry I've just seen this! I am really considering james baillie, as it seems as all round a lovely place and I'm not bothered about being on campus- do you think not being on campus makes much of a difference in daily life?

Not particularly, it depends how lazy you are though. Say you had a 9am, you'd have to leave your flat at like 8.40 whereas on campus you could leave your flat at 8.55. There are really regular buses which are quite cheap, or its about a 15 min walk down to uni. Jaimes baillie location is good cause its sort of inbetween uni & headingly (where theres tons of pubs & a sainsburys) and it's also really close to hyde park!
Reply 4
Does anyone know what Liberty Park Campus is like? I've got an offer for the fine art foundation course at Leeds College of Arts, but all the places at Carlton Hill have been booked.
Reply 5
Original post by Caraaaa95
Not particularly, it depends how lazy you are though. Say you had a 9am, you'd have to leave your flat at like 8.40 whereas on campus you could leave your flat at 8.55. There are really regular buses which are quite cheap, or its about a 15 min walk down to uni. Jaimes baillie location is good cause its sort of inbetween uni & headingly (where theres tons of pubs & a sainsburys) and it's also really close to hyde park!

ah lovely, i think thats me decided! thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending