The Student Room Group

Labour threat to democracy - outlawing 'Islamaphobia'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cake_lover
That my friend is difficult to answer, and personally I don't feel I can give a reasonable suggestion.

criticism in my opinion-rational, well founded/researched judgements of something/one
discrimination-irrational,no basis judgement of something/one
Reply 41
Can I critisise Jews without being arrested? nooope
Original post by Farage is a hero
So having a fear of a religion that has given us (just off the top of my head)7/7, 9/11, Bali, Madrid, perverted violence documented and disseminated on video and the internet, beheadings, Lee Rigby, Rochdale, Rotherham, Luftur Rahman, public stonings and crucifictions, is now to be outlawed.

I am a libertarian and do not believe in government meddling, but if you were to outlaw anything surely it should be islam and not islamophobia?

Outlawing islam is a step to far, but outlawing the burka or quran has been looked into and has been proven to reduce tensions in the community. Firstly the burka is seen as sexist and fuels hatred against muslims and second the quran insights hatred against non-muslims
Original post by balanced
thats what I used to ask some muslim patrols against jews, until I read the quran, living together isnt an option in the quran. I dont know what we can do to end all this hatred

Stop lying, you retard (how's that for political correctness)! Stop spewing hatred with your bull ****!

2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Original post by German123
Because in Christianity there are no extremists.

http://aattp.org/here-are-8-christian-terrorist-organizations-that-equal-isis/

No don't be fooled, these people are not Christians and even if so they don't cause harm in society unlike ISIS.
Original post by balanced
Outlawing islam is a step to far, but outlawing the burka or quran has been looked into and has been proven to reduce tensions in the community. Firstly the burka is seen as sexist and fuels hatred against muslims and second the quran insights hatred against non-muslims

Would you also ban the other holy books ?
They also incite hatred and violence.

Reduce tension....
If anything such a move would strengthen the divide between Muslims and non-Muslims.
Because in Christianity there are no extremists.

Lol unless you're pro choice or gay or part of the LRA etc

In any case complete authoritarian rubbish from the ID card party. Lib dems remain the only freedom of speech party: http://www.hampsteadandkilburnlibdems.org.uk/freedom_of_speech
Reply 48
Original post by Smug Life
Reminder that these are the same people that got rid of the Blasphemy laws.

Ironic isn't it?
Original post by Ahem-
Can I critisise Jews without being arrested? nooope

Define criticise Jews? Gallowats pretty outspoken about zionists and is an MP FFS.
He doesn't define what islamaphobia would mean. Does he mean physical attacks against muslims for following islam or does it mean saying the Islam is a perverse ideology. The first does need to be seen as a hate crime the latter shouldn't never be a crime
Reply 51
Original post by Davij038
Define criticise Jews? Gallowats pretty outspoken about zionists and is an MP FFS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-25364283

Some of the things said against Islam on TSR are probably as bad if not worse than these tweets.
No don't be fooled, these people are not Christians and even if so they don't cause harm in society unlike ISIS.

I hate everyone. When a Christian terrorist group claims they are Christians and starts emitting violence everywhere, they are "not christians" but when its a Islamic terrorist group who CLAIM they are Muslims and start emitting violence everywhere, they ARE?! WHERE IS UR LOGIC? Dont u understand that these people are NOT real Muslims? Dont u understand that there are Muslims all over the world protesting AGAINST ISIS? Or is it more of a "pick and choose" thing huh?
Original post by Davij038
Lol unless you're pro choice or gay or part of the LRA etc

In any case complete authoritarian rubbish from the ID card party. Lib dems remain the only freedom of speech party: http://www.hampsteadandkilburnlibdems.org.uk/freedom_of_speech

What i have said is merely a fact. How many Christians have you heard of killing gays or people who do not comply with their beliefs? Non.

more than 1000 people would not be following such a religion otherwise.

Now you can't say all these people are indoctrinated, such a huge amount?
Reply 54

ISIS have their own political agenda pushed forward using the name of Islam.
Reply 55
What i have said is merely a fact. How many Christians have you heard of killing gays or people who do not comply with their beliefs? Non.

more than 1000 people would not be following such a religion otherwise.

Now you can't say all these people are indoctrinated, such a huge amount?

Protestants killing Catholics, the crusades etc
https://www.fpb.org/business-support/equality-act-2010-protected-characteristics-and-types-discrimination

Discrimination against Muslims is already illegal, as beleaf is a protected characteristic, just like sexualty, race etc.
Original post by Ahem-
ISIS have their own political agenda pushed forward using the name of Islam.

Exactly, unlike Christianity-there you go.
Original post by Ahem-
Protestants killing Catholics, the crusades etc

Evidence? you can't just claim stuff.
Reply 59
Evidence? you can't just claim stuff.

Are you dense? they're well know historic events..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending