The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Choosing Accomodation

I'm finding it really hard to choose my accommodation as I keep hearing mixed reviews about the same places!
Does anyone live in Turner court that can give me some info on what its like?
I'm also looking at castle leazes, which I've heard is sociable but now heard a lot of bad reviews about how its not very nice unless you get into castle court, please help!!
I have been lucky enough to get some amazing flatmates! Its extremely quiet so if you're not the party type its perfect, but if you are its a bit of a pain. The rooms are nice, the blinds let ALL the sunlight in so no luck for any lie ins. There has been another building development by DIGS (the managed partnership) to create Rosedale court, brand new accommodation. This looks nice too but all year the windows have never been cleaned and they are thick with dust, absolutely disgusting. The noise has been unbearable to the point where I have been unable to do any work all year. When i applied for the accommodation, it stated NOWHERE that there was going to be any building work. They have just laid new foundations for another set of flats and if they have the same amount of noise as this year then good luck to anyone. The walk to Newcastle uni and Northumbria, 20 minutes leisurely walk, 5-10 minute bike ride. If you are going to the medical school you're looking at a thirty five minute walk (I have two flatmates who study medicine). Overall it has been a terrible experience; lack of sleep being the main problem. If you NEED ensuite, then its lovely... nice room, good to have your own bathroom... but if you can deal without, then do not go here.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending