The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accommodation

Hey,
I've received and accepted an unconditional offer from UCLan, now I'm just looking for accommodation. Does anyone know the best places? I'm not from the area, and was thinking about driving each day, but i live over 2 hours away. So i don't really want to drive, if i'm at the uni 3 or more days a week.

Plus I'm doing Marketing Management (foundation entry), is anyone else?
Depends on your budget, if you go for uni accomodation you ve no choice into which one you get, only if you want to share a bathroom or not, i went private in first year to save money
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Depends on your budget, if you go for uni accomodation you ve no choice into which one you get, only if you want to share a bathroom or not, i went private in first year to save money

Thank you for replying.
I'm looking between £70-£100 a week. I've decided to make a trip over and look around a few before I decide though.
Original post by CarlyG22
Thank you for replying.
I'm looking between £70-£100 a week. I've decided to make a trip over and look around a few before I decide though.

Thats quite the range, there's so many halls here that is a great idea:smile:
Reply 4
Thats quite the range, there's so many halls here that is a great idea:smile:

I've noticed that. I'm definitely coming to check some out before i decide. thank you for your help :smile:
I've noticed that. I'm definitely coming to check some out before i decide. thank you for your help :smile:

If you want a recommendation an you were happy to go for shared accommodation or even en suite, i d recommend looking at moor lane as i found it had bigger rooms than the ones uni offered so good value for money, also apart from whitendale is the closest to the purple zone of uclan where i think but don count me on it your lectures could be
Reply 6
If you want a recommendation an you were happy to go for shared accommodation or even en suite, i d recommend looking at moor lane as i found it had bigger rooms than the ones uni offered so good value for money, also apart from whitendale is the closest to the purple zone of uclan where i think but don count me on it your lectures could be

yes thank you. I like the look of moor lane & I think that's the one I am really wanting. It's good value you for money & yes I would prefer an en suite.
I went to the applicant day there on Saturday, I applied for the accommodation too, and I want Whitendale. I was wanting ensuite, till i seen it on Sat, its not worth the extra £20 p/w. Im from Belfast, and doing Graphic Design.
Reply 8
Original post by DMFmachala
I went to the applicant day there on Saturday, I applied for the accommodation too, and I want Whitendale. I was wanting ensuite, till i seen it on Sat, its not worth the extra £20 p/w. Im from Belfast, and doing Graphic Design.

I couldn't make the applicant day Saturday. I know I need to have a look around accommodation though before I decide. Think it's because I'm undecided about paying extra for an en suite.
I couldn't make the applicant day Saturday. I know I need to have a look around accommodation though before I decide. Think it's because I'm undecided about paying extra for an en suite.

I was told by staff and students, that your saving £80 per month, which could be used towards a night out or shopping. The ensuite is just a wet-room with a toilet, packed into a 1mx1m space, unless your a really private person, I don't think its worth it. Theres an open day Saturday 20th June or theres a promotional video coming out soon, or as you know already, tours every Wed from 2pm.
Reply 10
Original post by DMFmachala
I was told by staff and students, that your saving £80 per month, which could be used towards a night out or shopping. The ensuite is just a wet-room with a toilet, packed into a 1mx1m space, unless your a really private person, I don't think its worth it. Theres an open day Saturday 20th June or theres a promotional video coming out soon, or as you know already, tours every Wed from 2pm.

i might leave the en suite then. I'm going to the open day on the 20th June & heading to the tour next Wednesday. :smile:
i might leave the en suite then. I'm going to the open day on the 20th June & heading to the tour next Wednesday. :smile:

Hi, just in case you haven't decided on accommodation yet here is an overview of the prices and some images, enjoy the open day :smile:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/accommodation/halls_residence.php

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending