The Student Room Group

Have you ever had a crush on someone then found out they are already in relationship

I have crush on this co worker and I sensed that he likes me because he complimented me and the way he looks at me. I could sense an attraction between us.

I was expecting him to make move at some point but my hope was crushed when he told another co worker that he hasn't been coming to work because his girlfriend is sick so he has been staying at home taking care of her. The lady told us when he left the room.

I felt embarrassed since I probably just read too much into things and imagined all of it. How can he be truly interested if he already has a gf?I posted a thread about him on another forum and they were all telling me to ask him out for coffee and make move. I am glad that I was too shy to make a move. I cant imagine how awkward it could have been :if I had made a move eek:

So have you ever liked someone then found out they are already in relationship? Did you eventually get over them?
it's worse when they dont have a bf/gf, they just dont like you :frown:
Ouch
Yhep, its a stab in the back that you just can't duck
Original post by Barnes66

I have crush on this co worker and I sensed that he likes me because he complimented me and the way he looks at me. I could sense an attraction between us.

I was expecting him to make move at some point but my hope was crushed when he told another co worker that he hasn't been coming to work because his girlfriend is sick so he has been staying at home taking care of her. The lady told us when he left the room.

I felt embarrassed since I probably just read too much into things and imagined all of it. How can he be truly interested if he already has a gf?I posted a thread about him on another forum and they were all telling me to ask him out for coffee and make move. I am glad that I was too shy to make a move. I cant imagine how awkward it could have been :if I had made a move eek:

So have you ever liked someone then found out they are already in relationship? Did you eventually get over them?

This has more or less happened to me and left me feeling a tit, especially when you think they might like you back. :/
I understand, it sucks :\
It sucks!! :frown: Found out the guy I like has a gf (they been together for a couple of years I think). fml.
oui, 'tis very sad :nopity:
Story of my life, tbh. This happens with everyone and anyone I have a crush on. No choice but to get over them, unfortunately. :frown:
Original post by Mochassassin
Story of my life, tbh. This happens with everyone and anyone I have a crush on. No choice but to get over them, unfortunately. :frown:

How do you do that? :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
How do you do that? :redface:

I remind myself I can't be with them and see just how happy they are with their girlfriends. Eventually you drift apart and realise you have more important things to worry about. Apologies for busting out this cliché but there really are plenty more fish in the sea. I hope you feel better soon, m'dear! :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mochassassin
I remind myself I can't be with them and see just how happy they are with their girlfriends. Eventually you drift apart and realise you have more important things to worry about it. Apologies for busting out this cliché but there really are plenty more fish in the sea. I hope you feel better soon, m'dear! :hugs:

Thank you. I will definitely think of that. Yes, more important things like exams! :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. I will definitely think of that. Yes, more important things like exams! :hugs:

You're absolutely welcome!
Eugh, exams! Don't remind me! Do you have many you can distract yourself with? :smile:
No
Yeah ngl it's happened too many times in the past. This is why I try to avoid giving off the wrong signal and accidentally flirting with a guy - I don't want to lead them on when I'm already taken. Although sometimes just being nice is enough to lead a guy on.
This is why I hate the whole system of trying to guess if someone likes you back. I never assume someone likes me anymore unless they make it super super obvious.

You will get over him don't worry, just focus on something else?
Yep. I'm in the same situation as you. The guy seems to like me; I like him back but he has a girlfriend????
Doesn't make sense....
I'm gradually getting over him though. Going to Uni is going to help.
Surprisingly no
Reply 17
Yep. I got over them, since then have loved them to bits but in a completely platonic way.

Quick Reply