The Student Room Group

Like final year guy - I'm a first year girl

Hey,

So basically there's this really lovely 22 year old final year guy who I met through the choir I'm in.

We've talked a little bit outside of choir, mainly over Facebook.

He says he's applying for masters next year at our uni but I don't know about after and he's actually from a different country on Europe.

Got a karaoke night coming up and would like to work up the courage to talk to him more - especially in person.

Equally don't want to seem clingy or desperate.

Any advice would be really welcome 😊
Thanks
Sing "Start of Something New" with him
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Sing "Start of Something New" with him

Hi shawn_o1;55258453,

Is this a serious piece of advice?
Also I meant to say the whole choir is going karaoke - including him & I
Reply 3
Know that sounded really harsh but I'm not sure if you were being serious or not

The quick reply is really appreciated though :smile:
Ok since you probably don't have a choice on what to sing, or you've already decided it among your choir mates, the only thing you can really do is just say hi to him before or after the karaoke
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Ok since you probably don't have a choice on what to sing, or you've already decided it among your choir mates, the only thing you can really do is just say hi to him before or after the karaoke

Ah alright thanks
We haven't planned particular songs but didn't think asking to sing high school musical would impress him either - maybe a Disney song if they had one though as he loves Disney :smile:
Choir, isnt that a bit unusual for uni? What uni do you go to?
Reply 7
Original post by Stewie2011
Choir, isnt that a bit unusual for uni? What uni do you go to?

Hi Stewie2011,

I don't think it's that strange but we have 2 here at Aston University - 1 informal accapella and one run by the music society.

:smile:
It's not really advice for your particular situation, but just to tell you that it can happen: I met my boyfriend through a choir at uni (first year girl, third year guy, although he's doing a four-year course) and we got together after a choir party in Feb... So it does happen! Just be yourself, and hope that he realises how amazing you are! Best of luck xx
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
It's not really advice for your particular situation, but just to tell you that it can happen: I met my boyfriend through a choir at uni (first year girl, third year guy, although he's doing a four-year course) and we got together after a choir party in Feb... So it does happen! Just be yourself, and hope that he realises how amazing you are! Best of luck xx

Hi,
We do four year courses here too - the uni is known for its placement years :wink:

I'm happy to hear you are happy with this guy
And thanks - luck is always good :wink: xx
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Stewie2011,

I don't think it's that strange but we have 2 here at Aston University - 1 informal accapella and one run by the music society.

:smile:

Good luck, we hope it works out. But if not we still love you. :smile:
Original post by Aston University
Good luck, we hope it works out. But if not we still love you. :smile:

Thanks
Much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending