The Student Room Group

Is Size 14 fat?

If anyone has tips on reducing 5 inches off their body.....please help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fandom-queen

As for your title question is size 14 fat, well that completely depends on the person. Not every person who wears a size 14 looks the same as a woman who is 5'2 and a size 14 won't look anything like a 5'7 woman who is a size 14, not to mention differences in body shape.

For a better idea of whether or not you are overweight you may want to find out your BMI, though it's not the most accurate tool for everyone so take the results with a pinch of salt. For a more accurate answer find out your body fat percentage.

As for wanting reduce your measurements by 5 inches. It's as simple as eating less, diet is the biggest factor in losing weight. Though I do recommend exercising as well, purely because it is good for you and can make that extra bit of difference on top of diet.

If you're not sure where to start with losing weight I recommend using the My Fitness Pal website or app. It's a great tool for tracking your calories and weight, and it can give you good estimates of how much you should be eating to lose weight. You will need to eat at a deficit (less than) your TDEE.
(edited 9 years ago)
Pretty much what sophie said. It depends on your height. I have a range of sizes from 8-14 depending on store and material and whether it's top or bottom. For example, my swimsuit it a size 14 because anything below that would have me hunching over. Granted, it's a little baggy but it will eventually shrink no doubt.

You can't spot reduce, but eating well and exercising will get you there. Fat burns fat, so eat healthy fats, protein, carbs and fruit etc...But yeah, mainly it's about diet but don't underestimate exercising to help move things along faster and to get you fitter/stronger. Good luck :smile: xx
Agreed with all of the above

Original post by NeverTooLatte
Fat burns fat, so eat healthy fats, protein, carbs and fruit etc...But yeah, mainly it's about diet but don't underestimate exercising to help move things along faster and to get you fitter/stronger. Good luck :smile: xx

????
There's quite a few links here to explain it https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fat+burns+fat It's quite an interesting ready anyway :wink:
It's gotten more recognition, I think, because of the paleo diet. Besides, what is and isn't healthy is always changing. I always here this is healthy then this isn't...I suppose moderation is maintainable :smile:
It all depends on how you look, you cant state a size as being "fat."

I think doing cardio, and eating under maintenance would reduce body fat, just don't go too under maintenance. Try some lifting too, it will make your body look better. And don't worry, you won't look like a muscly man, as you don't have the testosterone levels we guys do to build that much muscle. :smile: (Remember to squat, we all love having a nice ass :colone: )
Original post by fandom-queen

Lop off your head.
Reply 7
Original post by Angry cucumber
Agreed with all of the above

????

Yeah, that was me exactly, was sat here like

Size 14 isn't fat - I think it's either a Size 12 / 14 which is the average size of a woman in the U.K.
Either way, so long as you eat healthy and do some sort of fitness on a regular basis then you probably aren't "fat". :smile:
I would say it's a little bit chubby (depending on your height). But it's not fat.

And to lose weight, just stop eating less and try to walk around more. I got a Fitbit flex and couldn't believe how much doing 15,000 steps a day can help a huge amount. Basically don't get a bus and walk instead. I did this and I lost weight while still eating and drinking the same amount (with very heavy squats and lunges once-twice a week).
(edited 8 years ago)
Post pics :smile:
Original post by shannargh
Size 14 isn't fat - I think it's either a Size 12 / 14 which is the average size of a woman in the U.K.
Either way, so long as you eat healthy and do some sort of fitness on a regular basis then you probably aren't "fat". :smile:

Just because something is average doesn't mean it is healthy or not fat. I think the average size of women in the UK is a 16. Plus it's all relative to size; a tall girl who is a size 14 is less likely to be fat than a short girl who is a size 14.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My ideal woman would be a size 14 so if you're worried about how you look, don't be.

Quick Reply

Latest