The Student Room Group

AQA C2 and C3 Exams

I just wanted to create a thread which people can discuss what questions will come up for the 6 makers. Any ideas????
(edited 9 years ago)
There could be a 6 marker asking how to carry out a titration experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I'm going to share four:

How water is made safe to drink (C3)

Haber process/ammonia (C3)

Structure and bonding of graphite, diamond, metals (C2)

How to make copper sulphate crystals (C2)
Reply 3
c3: hmm i highly doubt there will be a six marker on titration since that has come up quite often, possibly a 6 marker on the haber process and something related to the water topic; how is it made safe, temporary and permanent hard water etc
Reply 4
Original post by camilla_carr
There could be a 6 marker asking how to carry out a titration experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was on the recent 2014 paper I think.
Reply 5
Original post by wizward
I'm going to share four:

How water is made safe to drink (C3)

Haber process/ammonia (C3)

Structure and bonding of graphite, diamond, metals (C2)

How to make copper sulphate crystals (C2)

1) That was a full question in 2014. Ion exchange came up. Maybe the full process might come up

2) Ovo.

3) There is a good chance it will come up

4) Didn't know that! That's a good question!
Reply 6
Original post by Synonym
c3: hmm i highly doubt there will be a six marker on titration since that has come up quite often, possibly a 6 marker on the haber process and something related to the water topic; how is it made safe, temporary and permanent hard water etc

yh yh yh, I'm betting on a 6 marker on making water safe using aluminium sulphate etc... coagulate and stuff!
Reply 7
Original post by RKM21

4) Didn't know that! That's a good question!

Luckily we've done that experiment in class. Really helps to remember how to do it, I think.
For C2: perhaps one on a comparison of an alloy to a non-alloy or one on what is a yield and what can cause it to be less than 100%?
Reply 9
Original post by Major Wilson
For C2: perhaps one on a comparison of an alloy to a non-alloy or one on what is a yield and what can cause it to be less than 100%?

Nice one, I was also thinking that something on the lines of Electrolysis coming up.
Or how electroplating works?
I think it'll be the following for Unit 2:

-Evaluate the use of a catalyst in industry
-Evaluate the use of nanoparticles (in something)
-Electroplating
-Brine electrolysis
-Structure and Bonding in Diamond/Graphite

Unit 3:
-Titration (although this is already a 6-marker in the specimen paper so I'm only 60% certain)
-The Haber process (has this come up yet?)
-Hydrogen for fuel
-What are the issues involved with the use of alcohols, carboxylic acids & esthers? (if they want to be annoying)
-Evaluate the use of adding Fluoride & Chlorine to water

Quick Reply

Latest