The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What GCSEs did you guys get?

I am wishing to study at LSE in 2 years time so I am just wondering what was your guys results? thanks in advance
Reply 1
I didn't work at all during my GCSE's not understanding that they're fairly important, and although I'm fairly intelligent, got 5 A's 3 B's 2 C's and an F in History. Then in AS, and A2 I started working after being kicked out of my previous school for not getting an A in English Lit. The requirements for me to get back in and do Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths was A/A*'s in Math, Chem, Physics, one humanity, Biology, and both English courses. I did my AS and A2 elsewhere and worked from feb onwards after just making notes from September to Jan, and I'm in my final year of Actuarial Science at LSE after getting A*A*A in Math, Chemistry Economics even though it required A*AA and 8+ A*-A at GCSE (I had an average personal statement), and have got a job next year working with a hedge fund with a starting salary of £27k with the same requirements as LSE for A-Level and GCSE, plus a first at degree level. What I'm trying to say is that although they seem really tough and high requirements, if you're roughly on target, and they can see you're clearly a hard working student, they may not necessarily keep it so high, and may even lower it a little. As long as you have good GCSE's, and you work very hard for your A-Levels, you're be successful.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I've just read my comment after posting, and it seems like I'm bragging, but it isn't intended to be like that, and I'm just trying to make you understand that they are a lenient, and will help you out a little, in case it doesn't turn out as you expected.
At GCSE I got 4 A*'s and 4 A's. At A Level I got AAA and a B at AS Level. I study Accounting & Finance.
Reply 5
A diploma in ballin'
Reply 6
gcse 4A* 2A 1C
A level A*AA
AS level aaaaab
lse course A & F

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending