The Student Room Group

Newcastle Uni big 4 partners

I realise this isn't strictly investment banking or consultancy but I've been looking around linked in, and it seems a lot of the partners of big four accounting firms have come from Newcastle uni, especially doing geography.
I realise Newcastle is a good uni, but u was expecting such positions to be mainly Oxbridge, LSE Warwick dominated. Does anyone know why this is?

By the way I'm looking to do maths at Cambridge or Warwick in the future, and hopefully get into IB:smile:
Reply 1
I'd be quite sad if I went from LSE to big 4 accounting. Big 4 isn't particularly selective, I know people there from bristol and leeds.
Reply 2
Hey, I wouldn't mind an average partners salary of 800k :wink:, so its still possible to make partner in big 4 from say Warwick then?
Original post by mpaterson
Hey, I wouldn't mind an average partners salary of 800k :wink:, so its still possible to make partner in big 4 from say Warwick then?

Once you're in the big4 no one gives a **** about your uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Awesome! Anyone know realistically how hard it is to get into big 4 corporate finance or management consultancy
Awesome! Anyone know realistically how hard it is to get into big 4 corporate finance or management consultancy

Really easy...
Reply 6
Is that sarcasm? Sorry I can't tell
Reply 7

Quality of applicants seemed fairly high amongst the big 4 management consultancy divisions. Knew some pretty good people from LSE who went to big 4 MC. Much more competitive then say financial audit or tax. I actually got rejected from PWC corporate finance and deloitte audit yet I got bulge bracket IBD so it's not that easy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Oh wow, so where are you at now?
Reply 9
A fairly big hedgefund as an equities analyst. I do think my cv and cover letter were far too aggressive for audit as they were tailored for IBD and the big 4 seems really big on fit and having everyone get along, I didn't even get an interview.
Reply 10
Might I ask what/where you did your degree?

Quick Reply

Latest