The Student Room Group

what is your near death experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you said you were an atheist :beard:.

Lool I said I didn't believe in Christianity anymore
I think I've told this story before on here, but when I was 9 I slipped and fell down (was a good 15ft) a flight of exterior metal stairs at school. Hit my head, heart stopped and everything. Still til this day can't believe I 1) didn't die and 2) wasn't left permanently injured.
Amazing what the body can withstand really.
Original post by aisha star
mine was when i nearly got hit by a car

Mine was when I was ACTUALLY hit by a car.

I win.

when i first saw said karmouz on the arab xfactor - died cos he was so hot:love:

#trolololololol

but never had a near death experience, thank god
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Something similar happened to my aunty in Lagos.
Only God can help that continent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway,Lagos is pretty lawless.My Dad grew up in one of its notorious parts.O heard the robbers have better weapons than the cops.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyway,Lagos is pretty lawless.My Dad grew up in one of its notorious parts.O heard the robbers have better weapons than the cops.

Lol I just got back from Lagos a week ago(was there for easter break.) The lawlessness is pretty evident on the roads. Never have i seen such crazy driving! You have people skipping red lights, driving the wrong way on a one way road. My uncle insisted it was because of the elections(apparently the traffic wardens don't issue tickets during elections because people threaten not to vote.)
College bus was late so I missed the second bus home and my parents wouldn't pick me up so I had to walk 9 miles home. Was on the right side of the road so wasn't expecting a car to overtake behind me at 70 mph and was about a metre from hitting me (I didn't hear it until it went past me).

Driving up to uni on a busy road after snow had melted and the road was flooded all the way over on my side at one part and I didn't notice in time and went towards the middle of the road as the water covered my windscreen, lucky there wasn't a truck coming the other way
I was hit by a car and smashed the windscreen with my head, causing £400 of damage to the car
a policeman measured the skids on the road and took my dad and sister to the hospital with the sirens on, because he thought I would be seriously injured and that there was a possibility I was dying at that moment so wanted them to see me.
I was completely fine

Original post by pagorai
Ohhh i can imagine the horror. My younger brother also fell backwards but into the sharp edge of a rock. The amount of blood i saw that day still trembles my heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could imagine. The ****test part was that only a few hours later, I fractured my foot :/ spent the last few days of the holiday in plaster and on crutches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pagorai
Ohhh i can imagine the horror. My younger brother also fell backwards but into the sharp edge of a rock. The amount of blood i saw that day still trembles my heart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holeh moleh is that you in your av? :zomg:
I have a few,

Got pushed purposely by a much older student when I started secondary. Hit my head on a goal post and my face was fully red with blood. Didn't notice until my mate pointed it out. Went to the nurse and she said it was a minor cut.

Was in my back garden cleaning large stones/rocks and I threw one but instead of throwing forward I threw it directly upwards and stood there watching it. Fell right back on my head and it hurt. Didn't even go see a doctor just waited for it to heal over next couple of days.

Was going to cross a wide road with my brother and looked to see no car coming. Just as I was about to, my dad pulled me back and some numpty was driving at around 80 mph the wrong way down the road. Literally, If my dad wasn't there, I'm certain I wouldv'e died.

Not near death, but felt like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant express how many times I've almost been run over by speeding cars, luckily i always had a friend to scream my name and pull me back before i got hit

also we were driving once and dad got busy doing something while driving..the car was just awkwardly steering to the opposite side of the road and almsot fell into this humongous dip that no one could survive. We were extremely lucky there were no cars comming from the opposite side, or we'd all be dead
When I was about 11 I think might have been 10 my kayak capasised and I thought I was going to die but I did have my life jacket on, it was the most terrifying thing I have experienced and I couldn't swim at the time.
Reply 73
I was attacked by a dog when I was 11 and he bit me on the head and I needed surgery to fix it and the doctors said the bite was 2mm away from my carotid artery and if it had been pierced I would have died. But I didnt and now I have an awesome scar up the side of my head. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Holeh moleh is that you in your av? :zomg:

haha:redface: yes that is me.
phone dropped in the middle of the road whilst I was crossing, bent down to pick it up.

Next min a motorcycle skidded to a halt inches from my face.
Original post by yasmin#2

when i first saw said karmouz on the arab xfactor - died cos he was so hot:love:

#trolololololol

but never had a near death experience, thank god

Need some ice to bring down the temperature? :wink:
Original post by celineNOTdion
Need some ice to bring down the temperature? :wink:

yes please :biggrin:

you agree with me right? not usually a fangirl but...:love:
Going sailing when I was 12. We capsized the boat and the lifeguards were coming out to us, when we righted the boat and I was the first person to climb in. I'd never sailed before (the other two girls I was with had) and was trying to gather all the ropes when the boom swung at me and knocked me unconscious in the water. Think I was only out for a few seconds, if that, but everyone looked terrified when I came to!
Original post by pagorai
haha:redface: yes that is me.

Omg you're so pretty:biggrin:, I didn't know you were East Asian heritage either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending