The Student Room Group

Advice on hair weave?

I had a half weave put in yesterday for the first time and I can feel tension still where the braids that the weaves sewn into start on either side of my head. It hurt alot more yesterday than it does today but ive been reading alot online about people whose hair's fallen out after a too tight weave and it's making me really worry!
Is it normal for it to hurt and if so how long should I expect the pain to last?
Original post by cbg123
I had a half weave put in yesterday for the first time and I can feel tension still where the braids that the weaves sewn into start on either side of my head. It hurt alot more yesterday than it does today but ive been reading alot online about people whose hair's fallen out after a too tight weave and it's making me really worry!
Is it normal for it to hurt and if so how long should I expect the pain to last?

It's perfectly normal for it to hurt at first, especially since it's your first time. The pain will subdue after a few days once you've gotten used it. It's like having braids (if you've had them) when it's killer and feels like your head is being dragged down and it feels tight as hell. Hair falling out only really happens near the hairline if it's too tight there as it's pulling, and that sort of hair loss is noticeable, but make sure to look after your hair whilst the weave is in and you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by beaverhausen
It's perfectly normal for it to hurt at first, especially since it's your first time. The pain will subdue after a few days once you've gotten used it. It's like having braids (if you've had them) when it's killer and feels like your head is being dragged down and it feels tight as hell. Hair falling out only really happens near the hairline if it's too tight there as it's pulling, and that sort of hair loss is noticeable, but make sure to look after your hair whilst the weave is in and you'll be fine.

Okay that makes me feel better, thank you so much! x

Quick Reply

Latest