The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Haha awesome. I have my physics G4 'science fair' sometime in March. Luckily, it isn't worth much in terms of our overall IB mark. Anyway, congratz :wink:
Reply 2
yea i know how u feel buddy:biggrin: we had the same.. but luckily we had an easy topic, so we had very limited amount of experiments to do... actually ti was mostly dancing :p:, DON'T ASK, but the admin said it was much more intersting than last years so it's all good:smile:
congrats to us all:P:
our group 4 was exhausting. we thought we chose a fun topic but it was a lot of work. involved going on rides in an amusement park about half a million times. we vowed never to go to another amusement park again in our lives after our G4
Reply 4
We hardly did anything for ours and the whole class ended up getting full marks anyway.
Reply 5
Our teacher said that the projects were not very original this year, but he said that it was partly his fault because he didn't exactly know what to do, since it was his first year as an IB teacher.
the point really isnt originality. its; to get the project done.
You guys r lucky if your teacher helps u out... my teacher was like: you've got 2 weeks for ur xmas holiday.. go figure out something... i want AT LEAST ideas by the end of this vacation.. n we;re like: whaa??? group 4 project wtf is that :s-smilie::s-smilie: yup we were clueless... then hes like its a project where u combine physics chemistry and biology all in one.. but im not so sure abt that... i mean i dont take biology wtf do i do then?? hes such a careless man.. he doest give a crap abt us.. n we're so screwed for having him
Reply 8
x0-Beautiful-Soul-0x
then hes like its a project where u combine physics chemistry and biology all in one..

... :s-smilie: Why would you do that if you're only taking, let's say, chemistry? That's utterly pointless. Anyway, don't stress about the Group 4 project too much, especially if your teacher is not even planning to assess you with the IB criteria.
because thats the point of the group 4 - to try to get a project done that combines elements of all the 3 main scienes. usually it's done in combined groups of phys, bio and chem students so student of each sujbect would be more or less doing the parts of the experiment that concerns their subject and then combine their work.

of course everyone in my class did phys so we couldn't do that so our G4 was purely phys with like some blood pressure thrown in and not that well analysed.
Reply 10
And if you take two sciences then you have to do 2 G4 projects right? I'm not sure is it the same with your schools but I had to do 2 projects just because I take 2 sciences. And painfully I had to finish both in 2 weeks time (inc. experiements, lab reports, posters and presentations). But afterall it was fun though.
Reply 11
HALe
And if you take two sciences then you have to do 2 G4 projects right? I'm not sure is it the same with your schools but I had to do 2 projects just because I take 2 sciences. And painfully I had to finish both in 2 weeks time (inc. experiements, lab reports, posters and presentations). But afterall it was fun though.

Yeah that's right. I did my G4 project for chemistry last year and I'm going to do a physics one sometime in February this year. And even though the G4 project can potentially cover all the subjects, it doesn't really help if you don't have enough knowledge in that particular field. Like my G4 project last year, I was working with the chemistry aspect of how the eye works and different eyewear (contacts, solutions, etc.). There's obviously some physics components to it (optics, lasers, etc.) but at that time, my knowledge was rather limited in that field. Anyway, if you're able to have different group 4 students doing a given project, that would be pretty good - covering the 3 sciences and all. Hmm ... do the people taking Design Technology or Environmental systems do G4 projects too? They probably do ... seeing how they're group 4 subjects. Haha, never mind then.
Reply 12
o.Ob
Yeah that's right. I did my G4 project for chemistry last year and I'm going to do a physics one sometime in February this year. QUOTE]

wait don't you just have to do the group 4 once? I mean why didn't you just do both sciences at once... we did that... who ever toakes 2 sciences just had extra work...
~Lc~

wait don't you just have to do the group 4 once? I mean why didn't you just do both sciences at once... we did that... who ever toakes 2 sciences just had extra work...

yeah that's what we do at my school too, well, in years that we do have more than 1 science class. in my year everyone did phys so it was quite a moot point.
Reply 14
~Lc~

That's just how our G4 project science fair is set up *shrugs*
Reply 15
o.Ob
That's just how our G4 project science fair is set up *shrugs*

awww I feel wiht you buddy, I wouldn't go through that again if you paid me too:P even though again it was mostly dancing:P we took the "presentation" part of it more seriously than the scientific part... I think only the physics people are going to get proper grades for it since they were the only ones who actually preformed a live experiment.... you guys should've seen it, they made fire dance:biggrin: I think we're going to upload a clip of it on youtube later, I'll post the link here if we do
Reply 16
at our school we have to do a group 4 for each science we're taking..thus i have to do it 3 times..gah
that's ridiculous...I think.
Reply 18
vadox6466
at our school we have to do a group 4 for each science we're taking..thus i have to do it 3 times..gah

are you serious?!?!?!? :eek:
you poor dears. omg.

haha i hated g4 projects. it was such a painnn. haha sooo glad its done already.
Reply 19
vadox6466

Oh really? I thought 2 is max. I mean in IB there's only 1 science group therefore everyone needs at least one science, and for those who are not really keen on the group 6 (the aristic one) can choose another science, then it's only 2 right? Howcome you take 3 then?

Latest

Trending

Trending