The Student Room Group

IELTS question

Hi, this is a general question. If you're an international student and you need to provide the university with your IELTS score in order to get in, do you need to have your IELTS score while applying or can you take it after you've gotten your offer? Or maybe already having a good IELTS score whilst applying increases your chances of getting in?
Reply 1
You can take it after an offer is made, though this offer will be conditional on you obtaining the required score. I really doubt that having or not having it at the time of application will have any effect whatsoever on you getting a place, though there may be the very odd university that considers that a plus (really doubtful though).
Reply 2
Original post by *Stefan*
You can take it after an offer is made, though this offer will be conditional on you obtaining the required score. I really doubt that having or not having it at the time of application will have any effect whatsoever on you getting a place, though there may be the very odd university that considers that a plus (really doubtful though).

Hmm, I know only few universities offer that but I think it is possible to get an unconditional if you get good grades and write a great personal statement. Do you need to have your IELTS score if you want to be even considered for an unconditional though?
Reply 3
Original post by sharones
Hmm, I know only few universities offer that but I think it is possible to get an unconditional if you get good grades and write a great personal statement. Do you need to have your IELTS score if you want to be even considered for an unconditional though?

If a university requires a certain English language qualification, you will not get an unconditional regardless of how good your grades and PS are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending