The Student Room Group

What uni to go to

I've had a couple of offers and not sure where to go. Either I choose one for the reputation of the uni and its high league table standings, or I choose a uni which doesn't shine in the rankings but located by a fantastic city. Does what uni someone goes to really matter for nursing as the course is set by the NMC?

There is also a uni I so wished i'd applied to... i'm not sure entirely how UCAS works, but i'm assuming it's too late to do anything about that now.

Also what happens if my insurance has higher entry requirements then my firm? My course is all coursework, so I know i'll make both entry requirements.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by N!*
I've had a couple of offers and not sure where to go. Either I choose one for the reputation of the uni, or I choose it for the city. Does what uni someone goes to really matter for nursing as the course is set by the NMC?

There is also a uni I so wished i'd applied to... i'm not sure entirely how UCAS works, but i'm assuming it's too late to do anything about that now.

Also what happens if my insurance has higher entry requirements then my firm? My course is all coursework, so I know i'll make both entry requirements.

Reputation etc doesn't matter in terms of job prospects. Go where you would like to live for the next three years and where has the better reputation for student support/ placements etc.

But TBH in the end it won't really matter where you go, there is no 'wrong' choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending