The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

When does uni usually start? (2015 entry)

Hey all! :smile:
I'm have a conditional offer from BU, so right now I'm 90% sure that I am going there this September.
I am not a UK student, so I wanted to know the approximate date, when uni will start..the day when all new students arrive to uni and settle in their accommodation? On which date has it been in previous years?
Asking this because I am thinking of doing a summer job and I wanted to know when will I be leaving to uni, so I know how long I can work. :smile:

Thanks in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi Marta Smusis,
I also have a conditional offer and am set on Bournemouth.

You can find important dates on this link to Bournemouth Uni's website

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/academic-dates?utm_source=shortcuts-cw&utm_medium=shortcuts-cw&utm_campaign=dates

I believe that Freshers Week is from the 20th/21st of September so I'd assume that we will be moving into the University Accomodation just before that date. If you aren't going to be living in Halls and are renting privately, you will want to be all moved in for the 21st of September regardless.

Regards,
Matthew
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Hey! Thank you so much! :smile:

What are you studying? :smile:

Original post by MatthewPaulW
Hi Marta Smusis,
I also have a conditional offer and am set on Bournemouth.

You can find important dates on this link to Bournemouth Uni's website

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/academic-dates?utm_source=shortcuts-cw&utm_medium=shortcuts-cw&utm_campaign=dates

I believe that Freshers Week is from the 20th/21st of September so I'd assume that we will be moving into the University Accomodation just before that date. If you aren't going to be living in Halls and are renting privately, you will want to be all moved in for the 21st of September regardless.

Regards,
Matthew
No problem at all!

I'll be studying Forensic Computing & Security, what about you? :smile:

Original post by MartaSmusis
Hey! Thank you so much! :smile:

What are you studying? :smile:
Hi Guys,

Congratulations on your offers! I'm Chris and I am currently studying Marketing Communications at BU! I am really enjoying my time at university so far, it has flown by and I am quite sad that I am nearly a third of the way through uni already! :frown:

Just to confirm the Academic Year will begin on the 21st September 2015, your arrivals period will be the weekend before, you will receive more details about when to arrive once accommodation has been confirmed!

Hope this has helped! Did either of you have any questions? I would be pleased to help out!

Chris :biggrin:
I'm have a conditional offer from BU, so right now I'm 90% sure that I am going there this September.
I am not a UK student, so I wanted to know the approximate date, when uni will start..the day when all new students arrive to uni and settle in their accommodation? On which date has it been in previous years?
Asking this because I am thinking of doing a summer job and I wanted to know when will I be leaving to uni, so I know how long I can work. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Marta

I am a second year archaeology student at BU. If you have any questions about the town or Talbot campus I would be happy to help.

If you have any further questions you can contact askBU and they will help:

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01202 961916

Amy
Reply 6
I'm going to study Tourism Management. :wink:

Original post by MatthewPaulW
No problem at all!

I'll be studying Forensic Computing & Security, what about you? :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you for sharing :smile:
I'm counting the days to finally leave school behind and in a few months start a new life in uni :biggrin:

Thank you for offering.. if I think of something to ask, I'll be sure to write. :wink:

Original post by CBowditch
Hi Guys,

Congratulations on your offers! I'm Chris and I am currently studying Marketing Communications at BU! I am really enjoying my time at university so far, it has flown by and I am quite sad that I am nearly a third of the way through uni already! :frown:

Just to confirm the Academic Year will begin on the 21st September 2015, your arrivals period will be the weekend before, you will receive more details about when to arrive once accommodation has been confirmed!

Hope this has helped! Did either of you have any questions? I would be pleased to help out!

Chris :biggrin:
Reply 8
Oh, cool. :smile:

Actually I had the opportunity to have a quick glance at the city and uni (literarily for 2 days), so I didn't have the chance to see everything , but at least some places.. :smile:
Ok, I'll remember to write incase some questions come along. :wink:

Original post by amypotts
Hi Marta

I am a second year archaeology student at BU. If you have any questions about the town or Talbot campus I would be happy to help.

If you have any further questions you can contact askBU and they will help:

Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01202 961916

Amy
hey everyone.. i am gonna do my PhD (fully funded) :smile: Hope will meet you guys on the opening day.. :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hi There!

I think Freshers starts on 21st Sept this year which means you will move in on the 19th/20th. I think that's right but worth double checking!
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
Hi There!

I think Freshers starts on 21st Sept this year which means you will move in on the 19th/20th. I think that's right but worth double checking!

HI DCFCfan4eva,

This is correct, the academic year starts on the 21st of September, so arrivals weekend will be then. Once you have selected your accommodation you will hear more information on what date exactly you should move in on.
I live in Dorchester and I moved in on a Saturday but I know other flats had to move in on a Sunday.. Properly so it didn't get so over crowded!

Hope this helps,
Gemma :smile:

Quick Reply