The Student Room Group

AQA AS English Literature A - Struggle For Modern Identity 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by icharliee
I got a C+ in the paper last year... And hardly mentioned context. Ibwas hoping for a B+/A this year to make the overall A more possible... But i guess not.

You might get an A, it' was only 32 for an A last year, plus there is the other question ! The answer doesnt have to be perfect, as long as you mentioned SFI then you'd be fine :smile: this page really should have been made before the exam
Original post by AnkitKapoor
You might get an A, it' was only 32 for an A last year, plus there is the other question ! The answer doesnt have to be perfect, as long as you mentioned SFI then you'd be fine :smile: this page really should have been made before the exam

I dont even remember what i did anymore. Prwtty sure it was bad though....I just need my A2 to go well. I already have 80/80 in the c.w.
Original post by AnkitKapoor
Context isn't just dates and stuff, it's like is the struggle a personal one, a collective one, are they oppressed due to politics? Religion? Is the struggle one of displaced identity?

It does help to mention something like the sexual revolution or how the speech was received, but honestly you won't be getting a D! It does Suprise me your teacher missed that.

Oh well I said it was both a personal struggle as the the writers identity was suppressed because of her gender and I said it was collective as well because she was conveying the collective struggle for women during the 1910's to achieve a sense of identity? I forgot to talk about the political stuff explicitly but it sort of merges into the essay anyway but apart from that I thought it went well
Hi

I'm so worried about this exam. for the second question, I did 4 poems, even though it says only do 2/3 or do like 9. I wasn't in school for most the time we did the poetry question as it is. I also know the discussion is important, does this mean FOR AGAIST FOR AGAINST FOR AGAINST, or could it be FOR, FOR, AGAINST, AGAINST?

I messed up big time.
Reply 124
Original post by Big Blue Machine
Hi

I'm so worried about this exam. for the second question, I did 4 poems, even though it says only do 2/3 or do like 9. I wasn't in school for most the time we did the poetry question as it is. I also know the discussion is important, does this mean FOR AGAIST FOR AGAINST FOR AGAINST, or could it be FOR, FOR, AGAINST, AGAINST?

I messed up big time.

If you have two poems supporting the statement and two arguing against it, irrespective of the order presented, you should be more than fine. At least in my school, this is the way we were told to present the exam response. You're probably overthinking it all now it is so close to results day - relax!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jcsiah
If you have two poems supporting the statement and two arguing against it, irrespective of the order presented, you should be more than fine. At least in my school, this is the way we were told to present the exam response. You're probably overthinking it all now it is so close to results day - relax!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This always happens near results day!

They can still give it marks, right? Given I did 4 poems?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending