The Student Room Group

I hate homophobes.

After watching the Reggie Yates documentary about Putin's war against LGBT rights, I feel a mixture of anger, depression and upset over homophobia. Seriously guys, what the **** is your problem? Why do you care so much about who we love? Where on earth do you get these ridiculous un-scientific claims that all homosexuals are paedophiles and that homosexuality causes disease and that we are only driven by sinful lust? We do nothing remotely harmful to ANYONE at all, and until you can find some proper scientific evidence that homosexuality is just a mere 'lifestyle choice' which harms society, then you can all go **** yourselves you bigoted bunch of *****.

Homophobes, we are not the problem, YOU are! You have NO scientific evidence that we are harmful. You have NO logical reason why gay people cannot have equal rights. Your religious bigotry and hysteria about non-issues is what is harming society, NOT us.

Nobody chooses to be gay. Use your common sense and think to yourself why someone would just wake up one morning and be like "oohh I know I'll have sex with my own gender just to make my life that bit more difficult!"

Yes, I will get backlash from all the homophobic extremist muslims on TSR, but quite frankly I couldn't give a flying f*ck, because we're not the ones who force women to wear burkas and cut their private parts and throw people off tower blocks and fly planes into buildings and bomb buses. Same goes for Christians, Jews and any other form of extremist homophobic religions.

And as for gay people who campaign against Islamaphobia, please appreciate the irony of what you are doing. To be clear, I have no beef with peaceful, progressive religion, but please distinguish between those extremists who think science (which is a fantastic thing) is bull**** and that the word of Allah or whatever god is superior.

It is scientifically proven that homosexuality is NOT a choice, and as long as 'it' is between two consenting adults of sound mind and maturity, you have no excuse other than your unfounded prejudicial bigotry to be such spiteful hateful *****.

Homosexuality is found in many species. Homophobia is only found in one.

/rant.

Scroll to see replies

I watched that documentary too. My blood was boiling through most of it.
Original post by jambojim97

It is scientifically proven that homosexuality is NOT a choice, and as long as 'it' is between two consenting adults of sound mind and maturity, you have no excuse other than your unfounded prejudicial bigotry to be such spiteful hateful *****.

Even if it was a choice it is still perfectly acceptable.
Agreed. Homophobia benefits nobody.

though I do feel sorry for any religious people who are brought up to hold homophobic and hateful views.
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
I watched that documentary too. My blood was boiling through most of it.

The sauana bath bit was sooooooo ironic though.
Reply 5
gays will always have hate clouded on them; this world will not easily get rid of homophobes or change their perception and accept the LGBT community, being straight myself i have learnt to easily accept the LGBT, i mean why not there not different from me, ffs and the end of the day we are all human. :smile:

forget hate its all about love and peace :wink:
I 100% support LGBT rights. I see you have a lot of passion for this, and rightly so, but ranting and raving and effing and jeffing isn't going to change much. I doubt many, if any, will change their opinion based on a thread on a forum.
Reply 7
I believe I would be classed as a homophobe because I don't support LGBT rights but at the end of the day it doesn't bother me because it's only a word.
Reply 8
Original post by NeverTooLatte
I 100% support LGBT rights. I see you have a lot of passion for this, and rightly so, but ranting and raving and effing and jeffing isn't going to change much. I doubt many, if any, will change their opinion based on a thread on a forum.

Well, perhaps it might get people to think about their unfounded prejudices.
I hate homophones too, but the English language is full of them. How can you tell when you are talking to someone whether they mean "bred" or "bread", "but" or "butt", "knew" or "new"…
Reply 10
Original post by dyslexicvegie
Agreed. Homophobia benefits nobody.

though I do feel sorry for any religious people who are brought up to hold homophobic and hateful views.

I wouldn't say I felt sorry for religious people who are brought up to hate homosexuals. I feel sorry for the people who are brought up like but still don't realise that it doesn't cause anyone any harm. I was brought up as a Christian and basically my whole family is homophobic... apart from me. I was homophobic up until I met this guy who I found out was gay and realised that there was nothing wrong with him - he's one of my best friends.

I then changed my view on homosexuality and 100% support them. I'm also bicurious myself, which I suppressed for a while because I didn't want my family to know but now I just don't care - if they really cared about me, they wouldn't care about my sexuality.

I agree with the OP as well, homophobes annoy the hell out of me.
Original post by typonaut
I hate homophones too, but the English language is full of them. How can you tell when you are talking to someone whether they mean "bred" or "bread", "but" or "butt", "knew" or "new"…

Classic.
Original post by jambojim97
Well, perhaps it might get people to think about their unfounded prejudices.

I suppose. I guess it does serve one purpose: awareness, which inevitably gets people thinking about it xx
Guys, don't get so angry about it, there are zealots all over the world who want to discriminate against different people for different things - they hate the "other". It doesn't matter, because you are right and they are wrong. Do you know how we know this, because the law tells us that this is the case: it is illegal to discriminate against people on the basis of their sexuality, age, race... or even their religion (or lack of it).

We won't change the minds of the zealots, but they are a small minority with disproportionately loud voices.
Reply 14
You shouldn't really have expressed your hate for homophobia and then express a bit of hatred towards a religion
Original post by elmo245
You shouldn't really have expressed your hate for homophobia and then express a bit of hatred towards a religion

As I said, I don't 'dislike' any religion in general. There are plenty of Muslims who are perfectly peaceful, decent individuals. However I object to fundamentalist variations who express extreme hatred towards certain groups.
Original post by al_94
I believe I would be classed as a homophobe because I don't support LGBT rights but at the end of the day it doesn't bother me because it's only a word.

saying you don't support LGBT rights is the same as saying that you don't support the rights of a very large group of people purely because they're not straight. In what way is that okay?
Reply 17
Russia is just the worst. I'm straight and white and I'd avoid it tbh.
Original post by al_94

And here we see the cognitive processes of the homophobe at wor... doing someting.
I have lgbt friends btw but I don't agree with it. It's unnatural, you can't deny this. You are not meant to like the same sex (for humans at least) because how can you reproduce? (which is arguably the main reason we are all here)

Quick Reply