The Student Room Group

Can't help feeling bitter in relationship

hh
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I can understand why you are feeling the way you are, it's not really irrational but the only way you're going to be happy in the relationship is to forget about what happened - it's the past and you can't change it.
This story is all to common on here. It is what you get for being immoral and not marrying the person before you have sex with them.
Original post by william walker
This story is all to common on here. It is what you get for being immoral and not marrying the person before you have sex with them.

I presume you are strongly religious in some way?
Obviously you ll disagree but it is possibly to have perfectly meaningful relationships including having sex without being married and it is perfectly moral to do so if the relationship is based upon respect and love for each other.
Op, the past is the past, try to forget it or the relationship wont move on

[scroll]:laugh:[/scroll]
Original post by claireestelle
I presume you are strongly religious in some way?
Obviously you ll disagree but it is possibly to have perfectly meaningful relationships including having sex without being married and it is perfectly moral to do so if the relationship is based upon respect and love for each other.
Op, the past is the past, try to forget it or the relationship wont move on

I am a moral and dogmatic Protestant.

Any sexual relationship outside marriage is immoral. It doesn't make the OP a bad person, just immoral. This relationship obviously wasn't and isn't based upon respect or love, the OP was betrayed and treated like a reusable instrument for someone else's desires.

The present is simply the legacy of the past, so the past matters. Legacy matters. The OP isn't going to get over it or move on from it, nor should she. The OP can give this person a second chance, but the relationship has been harmed forever because of the actions of that person.
I am a moral and dogmatic Protestant.

Any sexual relationship outside marriage is immoral. It doesn't make the OP a bad person, just immoral. This relationship obviously wasn't and isn't based upon respect or love, the OP was betrayed and treated like a reusable instrument for someone else's desires.

The present is simply the legacy of the past, so the past matters. Legacy matters. The OP isn't going to get over it or move on from it, nor should she. The OP can give this person a second chance, but the relationship has been harmed forever because of the actions of that person.

oh please. your on a site with horny teenagers and you're preaching about pre-marital sex?
I'm not even going to start this with you really. :rolleyes:
Original post by lipslikemorphine
oh please. your on a site with horny teenagers and you're preaching about pre-marital sex?

Although i m not a horny teenager anymore, have ran out of rep for today but would if i could
Original post by lipslikemorphine

People like you are the problem here. You cause more and more of this by saying nothing can be done about it, they are just horny teenagers. No they are constrained or internal constrain themselves they will not undertake harmful actions. Those internal and external constraints have been removed and this is the result.

A young woman in a relationship she is unsure of. When she should be only enjoying herself and having fun, free from this worry.

This started centuries ago.
lol stop being silly. No one wants to date someone they don't find attractive. People change. You can change for your partner, yourself. whatever. It's not a big deal lol.
Original post by Iheartsirringo
I'm in a weird relationship situation right now. I'm just finishing second year of uni and I fooled around with someone for a couple of weeks in the second month of uni. I finished it because I realised he fancied someone else as well. He asked her out a couple of weeks later when he was drunk one time. I liked him and we had a lot in common so I was pretty upset to see him go out with a girl with whom he had nothing in common with. I ended up going out with somebody else, who was great, but I realised I only liked him as a friend so I broke up with him - this was a few months ago. At the same time, the guy who I had my thing with broke up with his girlfriend and said that he'd liked me for the last half a year and regretted not asking me out initially and that it was the worst mistake he'd ever made.

I decided to give him a second chance and he makes me really happy for the most part but I still can't help but feel bitter about the way he was last year. After I kept pestering him about it, he said he didn't ask me out because he found the other girl more attractive but that he preferred my personality. I admit myself that at the time I looked kind of dowdy and I've now made changed to my appearance (for myself mind, not anyone else) and I now get a lot more attention. I just can't help but still feel hurt he couldn't see that we had more in common at the time and that he couldn't see past my 'geeky' appearance, even though he definitely finds me attractive now and calls me beautiful a lot. Sorry to sound like such a teenager (I'm 21), I can't help but feeling I'm being irrational but at the same time it's difficult to look past. Thanks.

I think you're being silly. No one wants to date someone they don't find attractive. That's just how it is.

If I was a fat slob I wouldn't expect anyone to date me and I wouldn't want them to date me either lmao.
It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do, don't let anyone tell you isn't. If it bothers you then it bothers you, you can't help that.

I can tell you from experience though that bitterness in this way is quite a bad thing to feel in a relationship, because it wont just stop here. It will move on to other parts of your relationship. It turned me into a weirdo because no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't let certain things go and in the end he left me because he couldn't cope with it. It broke my heart.

If you can't let it go or can't look past it then is this relationship right for you? because it will all end in tears if you don't let it go and you'll be the one crying, not him.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol stop being silly. No one wants to date someone they don't find attractive. People change. You can change for your partner, yourself. whatever. It's not a big deal lol.

I think you're being silly. No one wants to date someone they don't find attractive. That's just how it is.

If I was a fat slob I wouldn't expect anyone to date me and I wouldn't want them to date me either lmao.

She wasn't a fat slob though was she.
She wasn't a fat slob though was she.

Nah I'm using that as an exagerated example to illustrate my point
Nah I'm using that as an exagerated example to illustrate my point

Well don't.
Well don't.

no

Well said, Chicken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending