The Student Room Group

Future Tory leader Boris Johnson humiliated live on air.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MatureStudent36
He'd need to become an MP first.
Something the OP appears to have forgotten about.

Well he's standing in an ultra safe Tory seat.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

He must have been galled to have gotten Uxbridge and South Whatsit three weeks before the Rifkind scandal created a vacancy in Kensington.

He managed it masterfully, though:
(From memory)

Interviewer: are you disappointed to have gotten Uxbridge and South Whatsit now that the more obviously attractive seat of Kensington has fallen free?
BJ: I don't accept the premise that Kensignton is more attractive. I already feel quite at home in Oxbridge and South Thingy.
Interviewer: Really? Which is your favourite pub on the high street?
BJ: Ah, it would be invidious to single out just one of the several fine hostelries.
Original post by jenkinsear
I'm more interested in the fact that Ed Miliband would actually betray his own flesh and blood like that. For the vast majority of people regardless of their social class/job family is incredibly important, and I think you'd find most people would never be willing to do that to their own family. It hints at a very dark and manipulative side to Miliband, which makes me fear the thought of him in power even more.

yes there is something of the night in Mr Miliband
Original post by jenkinsear
I'm more interested in the fact that Ed Miliband would actually betray his own flesh and blood like that. For the vast majority of people regardless of their social class/job family is incredibly important, and I think you'd find most people would never be willing to do that to their own family. It hints at a very dark and manipulative side to Miliband, which makes me fear the thought of him in power even more.

The labour leadership is a hereditary monarchy, who knew!
Original post by TheGuyReturns

I'm curious to hear who you have in mind then? I am clearly bias, but the entire Tory front bench is full of even bigger vote losers than Boris.

esther mcvey
charlotte leslie

rees mogg
peter bone
Original post by democracyforum

esther mcvey - whiny voice, vote loser.
charlotte leslie - no one in the party, male or female, will take a 36 year old woman seriously.

rees mogg - eurosceptic, would never be put in charge.
peter bone - don't know about this guy...

And besides, I don't think arrogant Tory frontbenchers would ever allow a backbencher to leap in front of them.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
And besides, I don't think arrogant Tory frontbenchers would ever allow a backbencher to leap in front of them.

anna soubry
Original post by Chief Wiggum

It's a bit a bit difficult to call him a future PM though.

Why not Dianne Abbott?
Reply 28
Btw the Express is a UKIP supporting Newspaper.

And I never want to hear Ed Miliband say 'non dom' EVER again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending