The Student Room Group

Celebrity crushes and gender

Why is it that girls appear to get crushes (often quite obsessive) on celebrities, wheras guys don't seem to?
(edited 8 years ago)
I suppose it's more true for younger girls who obsess over Bieber and 1D
Still, many girls have crushes on non-celeb guys...
Original post by NeverTooLatte
I suppose it's more true for younger girls who obsess over Bieber and 1D
Still, many girls have crushes on non-celeb guys...

I think he meant why is it that girls get crushes on celebs, but guys don't seem to as often. Not why do girls get crushes on celeb-guys, but not ordinary-guys XD

dw, I read it like the latter at first too.

To answer the OP though, I'm not sure they necessarily do? They are just more open about such things?

Maybe they do. It's probably to do with them being more willing to emotionally attach themselves to things in general.
Reply 3
Original post by InternetGangster
Why is it that girls appear to get crushes (often quite obsessive) on celebrities and not guys?

Power, status and exposure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Probably because they seem like the perfect people. You don't really see their flaws, just the things they want you to see. Plus confidence, attitude, and status.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you kidding? I get crushes on celebrities all the time! Not to an excessive nature but still...

Anna Kendrick
Elizabeth Olsen
Deborah Ann Woll
Nina Dobrev

to name just a few.
Reply 6
inb4 sherlockfan
I agree it's stupid to get overly-obsessed with someone. I like Adam Levine for example but I'm hardly obsessed with him.
I have a massive crush on Pixie Lott tbh. And I know a lot of people on here won't believe me when I say it's because she seems like a really nice, down to earth girl. She's looks nice, and she seems like perfect gf material imo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest