The Student Room Group

I'm friends with my rapist

Is anyone else here friends with someone who raped them, or am I uniquely ****ed up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is anyone else here friends with someone who raped them, or am I uniquely ****ed up?

Trolling much?
Reply 2
Did he rape you or more likely you're talking *****
Reply 3
Original post by hilrho
Trolling much?

I was worried I'd get accused of that. I'm not trolling... I do have a friend who is friends with her rapist, however she doesn't think he has responsibility for what he did cos he was so wasted. I'm wondering about other people though.
Reply 4
Maybe she was wasted too, and intially didn't mind before finally saying she was raped...
Nono I'm equally ****ed up. My cousin who molested me when I was a kid frequently stays over in my house and sleeps in my room with her mum and sister. Well, they did for 3 years until I managed to convince my family that I can't handle them being in my room anymore because I need my space and my quietness to do uni work. Plus none of them know that I'm bipolar and my routine is everything to me. When my cousins come over my routine goes out the window and I become either extremely manic or extremely depressive. I frequently get called "selfish" (amongst other things) by my family for not wanting them in my room, but they don't know what my cousin did and they don't know about how mentally ****ed up I am so it's easy for them to judge. Because I have no choice but to play nice with my cousin she's become my Eastenders friend. :yy:
Reply 6
Original post by Rovey
Maybe she was wasted too, and intially didn't mind before finally saying she was raped...

She was wasted, she didn't even know it happened til someone told her. Still technically rape though I think. Zero need to apply some **** about bitches lying about being raped to her scenario since like I said, she's friends with the guy and she doesn't go around saying she's traumatized by it and that he's terrible. IDK why I'm even stooping to your level by indulging you with this response, but yeah.

BTW my scenario is totally different but I don't wanna share details
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
Nono I'm equally ****ed up. My cousin who molested me when I was a kid frequently stays over in my house and sleeps in my room with her mum and sister. Well, they did for 3 years until I managed to convince my family that I can't handle them being in my room anymore because I need my space and my quietness to do uni work. Plus none of them know that I'm bipolar and my routine is everything to me. When my cousins come over my routine goes out the window and I become either extremely manic or extremely depressive. I frequently get called "selfish" (amongst other things) by my family for not wanting them in my room, but they don't know what my cousin did and they don't know about how mentally ****ed up I am so it's easy for them to judge. Because I have no choice but to play nice with my cousin she's become my Eastenders friend. :yy:

Arghhh is there any chance you could move out?
Reply 8
She was wasted, she didn't even know it happened til someone told her. Still technically rape though I think. Zero need to apply some **** about bitches lying about being raped to her scenario since like I said, she's friends with the guy and she doesn't go around saying she's traumatized by it and that he's terrible. IDK why I'm even stooping to your level by indulging you with this response, but yeah.

People lie, I know it's hard to believe.

But if both were drunk beyond reason, and she can't remember what happened that evening, how can we exclude the possibility she didn't give the OK?

I don't know why I bothered descending to your level frankly..
Reply 9
Original post by Rovey
People lie, I know it's hard to believe.

But if both were drunk beyond reason, and she can't remember what happened that evening, how can we exclude the possibility she didn't give the OK?

I don't know why I bothered descending to your level frankly..

If you were too drunk to even remember you had sex afterwards and you're someone who normally never has sex and does not experience sexual attraction I think it's fair to judge that there wasn't real consent on your part...
Reply 10
If you were too drunk to even remember you had sex afterwards and you're someone who normally never has sex and does not experience sexual attraction I think it's fair to judge that there wasn't real consent on your part...

Same goes for the guy. Perhaps he was too drunk to even remember he had sex and fully consent. Moreover, it's possible neither knew who initiated what first and how.

It's way too easy (and callous) calling others rapists when taking it from one angle. Penetration or not he could have been coaxed into doing it. That makes him the victim.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rovey
Same goes for the guy. Perhaps he was too drunk to even remember he had sex and fully consent. Moreover, it's possible neither knew who initiated what first.

It's way to easy (and callous) calling others rapists when taking it from one angle. Penetration or not he could have been coaxed into doing it. That makes him the victim.

TBF I can't remember the full details of the situation, I wouldn't say there was really a clear victim given that neither party could consent. If you don't think he raped her whatever, it's not a big deal.100% don't think she coaxed him into it though, unless straight people who are really drunk coercing members of the same gender to have sex with them cos they're mega wasted is a thing? I'm guessing it's happened but seems like it'd be uncommon. And even that analogy doesn't work cos straight people are at least interested in sex whereas totally asexual and sex repulsed individuals aren't
how come you didn't report him to the police shame on you as he may do the same to someone else
Reply 13

Well if you don't want to be accused of trolling, you have to share details.
Reply 14

I'm cool with the guy that sexually assaulted me.
This is a new low for trolling this is vulgar and disrespectful.
Reply 16
Original post by stoltguyboo
This is a new low for trolling this is vulgar and disrespectful.

To whom?
Stockholm syndrome
Reply 18
I would take the advantage and chop that dick of his that he used for raping me

Posted from TSR Mobile

One would have to be extremely weak to be friends with somebody so inferior (a rapist).

Unless they were in the same room watching then whoever told her is a horrible human being. That's not rape and if your friend is the type to say it is then it's no wonder men have an increasingly low opinion of women.

Your friend sounds likes the type who has a ONS, wakes up next to an ugly bloke.. and then decides its rape.

Quick Reply