The Student Room Group

UK vs USA

i just wonder if there will be a war between USA and UK forces, can royal army beats the american forces? he he......just wondering..not hope to happen so...

Scroll to see replies

I sincerely hope not. :sadnod:
Reply 2
Original post by 0723206004
i just wonder if there will be a war between USA and UK forces, can royal army beats the american forces? he he......just wondering..not hope to happen so...

Were it the 1930's then probably.

Today, even if we could match them 1 on 1.. they have several times the forces.
Reply 3
Well we don't have an royal army sooo.

Actual answer, were this bizarre set of circumstances to happen it'd be expensive for the Americans but they would win. I did see an interesting thread on another forum. Quite a few guys felt that the US itself would be impossible to invade, even up against the rest of the world. There simply would not be enough shipping to mount a proper invasion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Would never happen anyway. But that aside, they're too powerful
I
i believe
i believe that
i believe that we
I believe that we will
i believe that we will win

team USA
Reply 6
The budget and numbers the US have compared to UK is almost 10 times as big when comparing military's. But if it was 1930 we could have a chance, Make tea not war, one love
The US would strangle our imports and watch us starve. It wouldn't be a war, it would be genocide.
Original post by EthanNCL
The budget and numbers the US have compared to UK is almost 10 times as big when comparing military's. But if it was 1930 we could have a chance, Make tea not war, one love

I didn't ask nor choose to be born in this country you know. :cry:
Considering how much the U.S spend on their military combined with their insanely vast numbers, the U.S would win in the end.

Maybe I've been fed misinformation (my housemate was a military freak, but biased and loyal to England.) but he told me that the UK's RAF and Commandos are some of the most elite fighters in the world. If he isn't talking out his ass then I'd like to think the U.K could cause serious harm to the invading force, but still believe the U.S would zerg rush them in the end.

On another note, it could just be who launches their nukes first :biggrin:
Impossible for the British not be defeated.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Impossible for the British not be defeated.

But just because they are huge, it's impossible for the US not to be defeated either.
Original post by Yeah dude
I
i believe
i believe that
i believe that we
I believe that we will
i believe that we will win

team USA

:biggrin:
Reply 13
The US have the biggest military expenditure in the world, spending more than countries 2-10 in the list of the top 10 biggest spenders combined. I think you have your answer.
Reply 14
Uk as here is somewhere you can live comfortable whereas with America it is your either rich or poor, England is happy to have everyone even convicted murders can get in here no checks so the immigration is a ficking joke.
Well considering despite its superior firepower, humungous budgets, the US military basically failed in the 60s and 70s to win a war against a bunch of Viet Congs and lost huge amounts of men.

Despite all its money and firepower it barely managed to defeat a bunch of cavemen in turbans donning AK-47s in Afghanistan.

I will have my doubts as to what they could do against HM Forces.
Lol I really hope not, I wouldn't really know who would win tbh, I have an american friend so I don't want him to turn against me or anything if it does happen lol
The US would do poorly, many soldiers commend the Brits for how they fight, deal with X, Y and Z and wish they could be of a similar standard.

Our regular army is trained to US Marine standard, it would only get difficult come SEALs or SAS/SBS, we'd win in the end, they'd most likely win a ground invasion.
Original post by Alfissti
Well considering despite its superior firepower, humungous budgets, the US military basically failed in the 60s and 70s to win a war against a bunch of Viet Congs and lost huge amounts of men.

Despite all its money and firepower it barely managed to defeat a bunch of cavemen in turbans donning AK-47s in Afghanistan.

I will have my doubts as to what they could do against HM Forces.

That's a fair point actually, Iraq was hardly any better. If the forces turned to guerrilla tactics and hid out in the Yorkshire dales, peak district or any other slightly complicated terrain the Americans would have a challenge in conquering Britain!
Let's see the numbers...
Nuclear warheads:
UK: 225+
USA: 70,000+
Personnal:
UK: 114,000
USA: 1,100,000

I would throw in more numbers, but it's too obvious USA's army is far larger then the UK's.

Maybe if we had the whole of Europe backing us up like in Tom Clancy's Endwar, then perhaps we would stand a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest