The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wine and dine me? lol! I'd definitely pretend I was interested in professional services companies if that's their approach!

Alexii: No, you don't need any previous accounting experience or Maths A level etc all you need is a 2.1 in your degree minimum. I know someone who worked as an accountant for Ernest & Young having done a Biology degree.

I applied for the Gap Year placements they have last year and the minimum proficiency they required in Maths was a B at GCSE. Except for KPMG who wanted an A at GCSE.
Reply 41
Ah cool thank you. And did you get onto any of the placements you applied for?

I made such a f**k up of my gap year :frown:

Edit: I have A at GCSE maths and B at AS so my maths credentials should be ok at least I guess.
I've gone really far away from history in the past few months, since I really started considering what classes I enjoyed, and what I want to end up doing in the next few years. I considered dropping it entirely, but I love it too much to completely let it go :biggrin:

I really like Math though, and am quite happy about staying in the USA now, because I want to stay broad in terms of what I study. As for career...I'm not very sure...hehe, yeah.

My plans might be a bit more firm after 9 am tomorrow, when UCSD releases their spring course schedule, and I know how manageable my graduation plans are. :biggrin:

edit: And I still don't know what universities I like!! lol. I really love UBC and UCSD, but UCLA or Berkeley would make more sense. I'm trying hard to not think about it until March/April, when they notify.
Reply 43
I think I want to join the Civil Service's Graduate Fast Stream: Diplomatic Service these days. At this (very early!) stage, I'm not sure whether I'd like to get a MA first. I like the sound of the MA in Gender Studies at SOAS at the moment but I quite fancy studying abroad at some point so that is just a tentative thought.

This thinking about the future business can be quite fun.
Reply 44
Lottie
This thinking about the future business can be quite fun.
Totally agree. I'm toying with the idea of International Relations at LSE; but like you say, unis abroad like Yale or Princeton are attractive. I'd like to work for a law firm (another round of qualifications *groans*) or a think-tank or something like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending