The Student Room Group

Harrods Summer Temp Opportunities 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by khalessi
Hey glad you had a positive experience hope it all goes well!

Did you wear a dress in the end ? As I lost my entire outfit on the train Yesterday I had to buy everything again I got a shift dress with black suit I hope that will do!
Also for the role play part did the group take part in asking questions or did you have to sell it like without interaction? Lol

I wore a black dress, but there was a good mix of girls in separates or a black dress, as long as you look smart, you'll be fine! Sorry to hear about your outfit, have you contacted the trains company?

Original post by idaK
I'm glad everything went well, let us know what happens :smile: Still waiting for a confirmation of a job, trying not to be impatient but it's hard not to since I really want this job :biggrin: Which departments did you choose on the application sheet? I picked all the fashion related ones.

I think ribbonrebel31 gave a good answer of this; there's different exercises but I think they do a good job testing you in different ways without being too intimidating. Just let your passion for their brand to shine through :smile: And so sorry for your outfit being lost on a train, what happened?! I did separates with a skirt but dress is just as good in my opinion. Hope this helps, good luck!

Hey, thanks for the support! Just out of curiosity, when and how did they get back to you? Just got an email today saying they want to call me about my application?
Hey glad you had a positive experience hope it all goes well!

Did you wear a dress in the end ? As I lost my entire outfit on the train Yesterday I had to buy everything again I got a shift dress with black suit I hope that will do!
Also for the role play part did the group take part in asking questions or did you have to sell it like without interaction? Lol

Oh and the roleplay was one on one with the interviewer, and I think that's where i really managed to stand out and seriously sell myself! All in all, it is a very positive experience as far as interviews go, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it once the nerves settle down, good luck!
I got the job! :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by ribbonrebel31

Well done! Did they offer you a proper position? I've been put on hold for now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FH1
Well done! Did they offer you a proper position? I've been put on hold for now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in the Toy Kingdom, my contract is 8 weeks long at the moment. Going to see if I can try and push for full time when I get there, really excited for it now :biggrin:
Reply 25
It's in the Toy Kingdom, my contract is 8 weeks long at the moment. Going to see if I can try and push for full time when I get there, really excited for it now :biggrin:

Oh wow that's so cool! Are you full time or part time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Part time at the moment, but I'll have a chat with my line manager to get it on full time :smile:
Reply 27

Yay congrats!! I got a call earlier and they wanted me to state my availability again, from 10th June to the end of July; now they are waiting for line managers to comment on that, hopefully they'll say yes!

When do you start & did you get any other info?

Oh congrats !!
Do you speak any other languages btw don't know what your ethnic background is!

You will have to tell us more tips! Hehe what sort of question came up in ice breaker and which item did you have to sell? Hehe
Original post by idaK
I'm glad everything went well, let us know what happens :smile: Still waiting for a confirmation of a job, trying not to be impatient but it's hard not to since I really want this job :biggrin: Which departments did you choose on the application sheet? I picked all the fashion related ones.

I think ribbonrebel31 gave a good answer of this; there's different exercises but I think they do a good job testing you in different ways without being too intimidating. Just let your passion for their brand to shine through :smile: And so sorry for your outfit being lost on a train, what happened?! I did separates with a skirt but dress is just as good in my opinion. Hope this helps, good luck!

Hey thanks for replying. Yeah I lost it with all my make up too in a luggage on the train!
So spent the last Two days replacing everything as much as I can despite being so skint !

Was difficult ! But hopefully will be worth it and useful
Yeah I re read everything now it's been really helpful from everyone!
Reply 30
Anyone going to the assessment day tomorrow, kinda nervous
My one is on Wednesday :frown: good luck let us know how it goes. :smile:
Oh congrats !!
Do you speak any other languages btw don't know what your ethnic background is!

You will have to tell us more tips! Hehe what sort of question came up in ice breaker and which item did you have to sell? Hehe

I have conversational skills in Spanish, French and Italian and can read basic Japanese and Korean script :smile: The ice breaker was really easy, helps calm your nerves! Just had to introduce yourself and say why you wanted to work at harrods. Everyone got different items, I just lucked out and got an item I already knew a fair bit about :P
Reply 33
Hi how long did it take for you to get a response had my interview with a manager yesterday
Original post by jadaK
Hi how long did it take for you to get a response had my interview with a manager yesterday

How did your interview go ? What did you do ?
Reply 35
Um it was pretty good mine was completeley different to the ones ive seen i first had a webcam interview and then a interview with a manager it was pretty casual and the manager was lovely. My best advice would be dress the part ! Apperance is a big part of harrods
Aww wicked that's nice :smile: thank you.
Reply 37
I have conversational skills in Spanish, French and Italian and can read basic Japanese and Korean script :smile: The ice breaker was really easy, helps calm your nerves! Just had to introduce yourself and say why you wanted to work at harrods. Everyone got different items, I just lucked out and got an item I already knew a fair bit about :P

Hey, I got the job too!! I'll be working part-time in menswear, so excited :smile:)

Is your induction day on the 10th as well?

Quite funny, I actually speak those 3 languages conversationally as well :biggrin: But I've only done a crash course in Mandarin in addition.
Congrats on the job @idaK :smile: I am so nervous now :frown: group interview is making me a bit scared now
Reply 39
@idaK & @ribbonrebel31 how long did it take for them to tell you , you fot the job ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending