The Student Room Group
You should have received a payment schedule letter giving the exact date from the SLC. I think it may vary slightly depending on your term dates, but the second installment will generally come farily early in the new year.
In fact, here's an official answer from Student Finance Direct:

http://www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=1647,467876&_dad=portal&_schema=PROTOCOL

Can I change the payment dates of my loan instalments?

No, you can’t change the payment dates for your loan instalments. The payments are always made at the start of each term. These are the dates specified by your university or college.
Reply 3
Around the middle of January. Mine's on the 19th I think, others have said their's will be paid on the 15th.
Reply 4
I get mine on the 8th of Jan, the first day of term, as I did last term.
It'll be at the start of your term, that's the idea, but for exact dates log into www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk and go View Payments, it'll tell you there.
Reply 5
King Leigh
I get mine on the 8th of Jan, the first day of term, as I did last term.
It'll be at the start of your term, that's the idea, but for exact dates log into www.studentsupportdirect.co.uk and go View Payments, it'll tell you there.

Just tried to login and it's asking me loads of stupid questions I DEFINATELY did not provide answers to. Where did I meet my PARTNER? (I'm married now?) and my favourite INSTRUMENT :confused:
Reply 6
I think you've entered your ART ID wrong, I've done it a couple times myself. :redface:

They ask too many questions. :mad:
Reply 7
Yeah, logging in there is a complete nightmare! Since when were passwords not sufficient?!
15h Jan.
Reply 9
Mine is schedhuled for Monday 8th of Jan.

Last year it was schedhuled for Monday 9th of Jan I was able to draw on it from the morning of the 8th (Sunday). Hopefully, the same will happen this year! :biggrin:
Reply 10
A lot of payments are going out on the 8th. But it is usually the first week of term, which will vary depending on which uni you are at and which course you are on.
Reply 11
Mines gone in today- woo! rich again (until accomodation fees go out soon.. :frown:)
Reply 12
My accomodation fees for the first term were more than my loan installment. I've been living off my overdraft...
Reply 13
Yeah. i know what you mean. Mine was pretty close.
Reply 14
I am sure my letter said the 9th of Jan but I have just checked and it's in today :biggrin:
Reply 15
Mine was scheduled to be payed in on the 8th of January (Monday), But I was able to withdraw it on the 5th (Friday), oh GO me!!!!
Mines due for the 10th.... But it isn't in yet, hope it's in at bang on midnight, I want to spend some!
my loan comes on the 18th but my accomodation is the 15th i dont know what to do!
Reply 18
Overdraft! If you haven't already and stop shopping too. :p:
i know its gonna take the rest of my wages and overdraft and leave me with about £7 till thursday! I hate having to go into my overdraft I just don't like to!!

Latest

Trending

Trending