The Student Room Group
I had my notts interview yesterday :eek3: He said tell me about yourself... so I was going on about stuff and kind of boasted that I did AS Maths by myself and went on to get an A at A-level in it, which turned out to be my best result. Then later on in the interview he asked me to do this long division, and I struggled to do it! :redface: He gave me some help after a while... :redface:
Reply 2
Really mustard-man, was it algebraic long division? Did they ask you organic chem?
It was something like 427/32...

They only asked me organic because I brought it on myself :rolleyes:. I was saying how much I enjoyed the organic chemistry of A-level, then I mentioned the pathway in making Methyl-benzoate :eek3:
Reply 4
What examboard are you guys on for Chemistry? I'm doing it with Chemistry its much more practically based and doesn't even go into that much depth for mechanisms and stuff. So what is the pathway in Methyl Benzoate?

And oh yeah.. Haven't had any offers yet :frown: But I really want to go to Bath for Pharmacy and Bristol for Pharmacology. I hope I get one by the end of this week or else I'm going to get depressed :biggrin:

Well that's about it.. :smile:

flt
Reply 5
o so I take it they asked how do you synthesis methyl benzoate beginning with benzene? Hmm i could do that given paper. The pathway is based on electrophilic substition.
Yeah, paper was given as well... He also asked me the addition of NO2+ to phenol, which is basically the same idea as the addition of Br2 to Phenol.
Reply 7
o right cool. thanks. :smile:
Reply 8
Mustard-man
Yeah, paper was given as well... He also asked me the addition of NO2+ to phenol, which is basically the same idea as the addition of Br2 to Phenol.

yeh!did they expect you to know that positions 2,4 n 6 are more susceptible to electrophilic attack? Hence they could mark it wrong if you substituted it at 5.
Reply 9
At the minute my first choice is Manchester, thought it was great.

Haven't got my last interview till January so I can relax a bit over Christmas and concentrate a bit more on revision than I have done for other modules, because these modules seem to be the hardest so far...
Reply 10
Mustard Man - did you have Dr Melia? The guy with the glasses and i think he took the opening presentation. If so, I had him too!
Reply 11
Applications r goin gr8 - herd frm all now - got 4 offers, w8in 2 hear frm cardiff (ad interview las wk) an got lsop interview in feb sumtime. dis all sounds pretty gd except im torn btwn 3 unis - notts, bath an cardiff!!! Where do i go if i get da grades cuz all da offers r ABB! Help me choose! LOL!
RyanY
yeh!did they expect you to know that positions 2,4 n 6 are more susceptible to electrophilic attack? Hence they could mark it wrong if you substituted it at 5.
;yes;
Gregorian IV
Mustard Man - did you have Dr Melia? The guy with the glasses and i think he took the opening presentation. If so, I had him too!
;no;
geine
Applications r goin gr8 - herd frm all now - got 4 offers, w8in 2 hear frm cardiff (ad interview las wk) an got lsop interview in feb sumtime. dis all sounds pretty gd except im torn btwn 3 unis - notts, bath an cardiff!!! Where do i go if i get da grades cuz all da offers r ABB! Help me choose! LOL!

Cardiff!
There you go - sorted :smile:
Reply 15
-Emmz-
Cardiff!
There you go - sorted :smile:

LOL thx! I'm guessin u go 2 cardiff or its ur first choice or summat!
;yes; She goes to Cardiff :smile:
Reply 17
geine

Nottingham...:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending