The Student Room Group

GCSE History grade

Hi all,

In my controlled assessment (25% of the overall grade) I scored a low A.

What would I need in the first paper (45% of the overall grade) in terms of high A*, low A* high A, etc. and the second paper (30% of the overall grade) to get an A* overall in the total GCSE?

Thank you!
Aim for 2 A*s. If you are doing GCSES this year i dont think there is a high or low A* its just A*
Reply 2
Original post by londoncricket
In my controlled assessment (25% of the overall grade) I scored a low A.

What would I need in the first paper (45% of the overall grade) in terms of high A*, low A* high A, etc. and the second paper (30% of the overall grade) to get an A* overall in the total GCSE?

If you imagine that the whole thing is marked out of 100, a low A on the CA would get you 20/25. You need at least 90/100 overall, so you would have to achieve 70/75 across the other 2 papers, which is about 93.5%
Original post by SuperHuman98
Aim for 2 A*s. If you are doing GCSES this year i dont think there is a high or low A* its just A*

Thanks for that!

Original post by Compost
If you imagine that the whole thing is marked out of 100, a low A on the CA would get you 20/25. You need at least 90/100 overall, so you would have to achieve 70/75 across the other 2 papers, which is about 93.5%

(The CA was out of 50 marks. The first paper is out of 81 and the second 53.)

Thank you very much for that, really helped me!

Quick Reply

Latest