The Student Room Group

How to stop having any form of emotions?

Scroll to see replies

Just stop talking to the people which may hurt you or make you feel like crap trust me it’s easier than it sounds when it comes to blocking people out! Focus on yourself, you should set yourself goals and just keep your mind fresh and work towards your goals, nothing else should matter, try spending time with the people you love and not give a damn about anything else! This is my way of blocking out all emotions and it really does feels great tbh
Original post by ILovePancakes
There's a book called Sleepwalking by Nicola Morgan if you're interested. It has a similar idea, but involves a Hunger Games-style revolution.

Thanks!
Original post by SceneKid17
Just stop talking to the people which may hurt you or make you feel like crap trust me it’s easier than it sounds when it comes to blocking people out! Focus on yourself, you should set yourself goals and just keep your mind fresh and work towards your goals, nothing else should matter, try spending time with the people you love and not give a damn about anything else! This is my way of blocking out all emotions and it really does feels great tbh

People are not understanding.

"Just stop talking to the people which may hurt you or make you feel like crap" I've done that pretty much all my life and its not what I am talking about.
Original post by Anonymous
People are not understanding.

"Just stop talking to the people which may hurt you or make you feel like crap" I've done that pretty much all my life and its not what I am talking about.

aww im so sorry you feel this way!:frown: Pm me if you want to talk, i dont really understand tbh ahahah but if you need someone to talk to im here for you xxx
I wish I was able to do this. Not completely, but even a little bit would help me enormously.
Reply 65
Like someone else said, just pretend/act like you don't care and eventually you will learn not to

Posted from TSR Mobile
And how does one become strong enough to control them?

Just tell yourself that your decisions should be based on logic, retain your feelings but don't let them influence you when they shouldn't.
This is more calling all the sociopaths/psychopaths who lack empathy. I really want to disconnect with my emotions and stop feeling things for others. I hate emotions/feelings, they make me feel weak like I have no control over the situation and they mess up a lot of my plans/decisions.

I dont want to feel anything, is there a way I can train myself to stop feeling them? I'll do anything to get out of this! Any tips on disconnecting emotionally with everyone around you? This includes family and friends.

Well I think if you wanted to TRAIN yourself to not have emotions you'd just have to do very cruel things, until you become desensitised to them. E.g. if youre a vegan but you go hunting every day for 10 year, you just get used to animals dying. I am sure that for example being in the military and killing children could also eventually turn someone into a sociopath. My ex girlfriend was a compulsive liar and told many hurtful lies to me, but I think that by this stage in her life lying was just completely normal to her and she probably didnt even feel like she was doing anything wrong. I guess people get used to themselves and incorporate negative/damaging things they do into what they think is a normal acceptable part of themselves. So I think repetition is the key to conditioning yourself into being a sociopath.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest