The Student Room Group

need to lose weigh!!

hey guys

i am a 17 year old girl, i am 5 foot 6 and i weigh 63.5 kg or 139 pounds and
i want to lose weight i don't exercise but i am going to start. The thing is i want to lose 2 pound per week but i don't know how many calories i should be consuming a day in order to reach my goal. i would like to lose at least 30 pounds and that would get me to 50 kg

my question is how may calories should i be consuming in order to lose 2 pounds per week exactly?

how many hours or minutes should i be exercising a day in order to reach this goal? and how many times a week should i be exercising ?

by the way i know a lot of you might say " your not fat, you don't need to lose weight" or maybe stuff like "50 kg is unhealthy weight for your height and age" honestly i don't care, i have already made up my mind and this is what i want so am just asking for some advice on how i can reach this goal

thanks in advance :biggrin:
Have a read of the FAQ http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3014757

I'd not recommend losing much weight; starting lifting weights on a proper routine - such as those mentioned in the FAQ - would mean you could increase how "toned" you look without losing much weight and potentially going too thin. :smile:
Options to consider:

+Detox teas/smoothies
+Waist training
+Regular exercise (often best in short 20 min, high intensity workouts as opposed to a 1 hour block)
Mix up different exercises (yoga, jogging, swimming)
Exercise with friends
+Eat well
5 small meals is better than 3 big meals
+2 litres of water a day
+Green tea

NOTE: make sure that your mindset also remains healthy and that you don't become preoccupied with losing weight. You have so much more to offer as an individual than your body so make sure that it doesn't become your life. It is good to exercise to have better overall fitness and a healthier body but always consider your BMI and what is recommend for your age and height. Lose weight for yourself and not for anyone else; because you want to and not because you feel you have to. Good luck!!!
http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator

edit: 110 lbs at 5'6'' is skinny as ****
Original post by brokenbassline
Options to consider:

+Detox teas/smoothies
+Waist training
+Regular exercise (often best in short 20 min, high intensity workouts as opposed to a 1 hour block)
Exercise with friends
+Eat well
+2 litres of water a day
+Green tea

NOTE: make sure that your mindset also remains healthy and that you don't become preoccupied with losing weight. You have so much more to offer as an individual than your body so make sure that it doesn't become your life. It is good to exercise to have better overall fitness and a healthier body but always consider your BMI and what is recommend for your age and height. Lose weight for yourself and not for anyone else; because you want to and not because you feel you have to. Good luck!!!

be gone with your broscience
Reply 5
Options to consider:

+Detox teas/smoothies
+Waist training
Exercise with friends
+Eat well
+2 litres of water a day
+Green tea

hey there, thanks for the reply :smile:

i would like to lose 2 pounds per week exactly, so how many calories should i consume to reach my goal?
thanks in advance :smile:
Assuming you consume on average 2000kcal/day (14000/week) then each week you'd need to either eat or work off 6000cal each week.

So doing no exercise consume approx 1200/day

increase that depending on your exercise routine.

Also 50kg would make you look anorexic and stop your periods and subsequently increase your body hair. I'd recommend you only losing 14-17lbs max
Original post by Greg Jackson
be gone with your broscience

broscience?
Options to consider:

+Detox teas/smoothies

'Detoxing' is nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by SnooFnoo
Assuming you consume on average 2000kcal/day (14000/week) then each week you'd need to either eat or work off 6000cal each week.

So doing no exercise consume approx 1200/day

increase that depending on your exercise routine.

Also 50kg would make you look anorexic and stop your periods and subsequently increase your body hair. I'd recommend you only losing 14-17lbs max

hey there thanks for the reply :smile:

so to lose 2 pounds per week, i consume 1200kcal? am i right?
Original post by noey123
hey there thanks for the reply :smile:so to lose 2 pounds per week, i consume 1200kcal? am i right?

yes unless you are exercising then eat a bit more like 1400/1500
Obviously this also depends on your individual metabolism rate.
Reply 12
Original post by SnooFnoo
Obviously this also depends on your individual metabolism rate.

thanks for the reply, i appreciate your help!! :biggrin:
Okay so no-one knows exactly what to do here. I would recommend at least following this guy on twitter and instagram (www.thebodycoach.co.uk) He's flipping amazing looks at his wall of fame :biggrin: his programme lasts 3 months and ALL of the results are incredible. Combining healthy foods + Intense exercising you will be loosing weight for fun ^_^

If you don't want to sign up for that, it's fine, but seriously should be considered.

My general advice is to get a proper eating plan (No eating under 1500kcal) there's some good websites out there.
I would recommend scanning through this website. http://simplesciencefitness.com/

And combining healthy eating + these workouts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTgn39RJfU

Good luck on your journey :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by myblueheaven339
'Detoxing' is nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

second that. read the first chapter of Bad Science by Ben Goldacre and you'll find out why.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your weight considering your height

Quick Reply

Latest