The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Last year in year 12, my Media teacher was saying to lots of of about the pupils before who'd done retakes for the first module. And then she'd say "Now, I'm not saying you'll have to re-take this module *insert name*..."
Reply 2
I went to the Year 12 parents evening and to be honest I thought it was a waste of time. My parents basically had an argument with my French teacher as well which was rather embarassing.
I didn't bother going to the Year 13 one, I know exactly what was going to be said so I just let my parents go without me.
Reply 3
Ours is after christmas. They must get so bored, the teachers, like honestly. Surely the HAVE to say the same thing pretty much, I know I couldn't come up with something original each time.
Reply 4
I think they all have about three varieties in what they say - one for good pupils, one for average pupils and one for failing pupils....
Reply 5
I had it a few weeks ago. Complete waste of time, said the usual.
Reply 6
My parents think exactly that, and haven't been to a parents evening since I was in year 6. XP
Reply 7
I tend to get a bit bored and embarrassed because they all say the same things really: "I am expecting very high things from her and she is always attentive and tries her hardest" etc etc :p:
Reply 8
/\

My teacher started saying something like that to my parents, then turned to me and said 'sorry, I've ruined your repuation now, haven't I'. When my dad started saying how I was always working (ha, yeah right!) back to him he said 'haha, I don't think you're cool anymore'.

My parents have only come to one in my school. They don't really know what's going on so I had to go too to listen, because anything useful they were told they wouldn't remember.
Mine was just a load of garbage really- telling me and my dad things I already knew... waste of time tbh.
I saw one of my teachers learning our names in class a couple of hours before parents evening. Seriously,she had our school photos and the class list in front of her the whole lesson.
Reply 11
Well my RS teacher couldn't even remember my name or who i was, i had to point out my name on the list. :p:
Bexiness!
Well my RS teacher couldn't even remember my name or who i was, i had to point out my name on the list. :p:
:eek: That's not good ;no;:p:
Reply 13
i dont understand why i still get them iam in year 13 and my parents still need to come in :s-smilie:
Reply 14
g2da3
i dont understand why i still get them iam in year 13 and my parents still need to come in :s-smilie:

Mine are more for my benefit than my mum's. At my school they are called 'Consultation Evenings' and the teachers normally talk more to the student than to the parent, especially as you go up through the years. :p:
My mum always moaned about going to parents' evenings because she said my teachers always said the same things and it was pointless. I still liked going though because I like to know how I'm doing, if I can do anything in particular to improve etc......and it's always nice to hear positive things about yourself :smile:
Reply 16
Mine was about a month ago now. I was too busy having a go at my form tutor about how appalling it is being taught physics by a chemist who couldn't speak english to actually notice if she said anything nice or not. My parents just sat there in silence for 30 minutes :p:
Reply 17
I think they can be ok, but the last one I went to, my English teachers made me cry! I needed a kick up the bum because I was starting to get lazy with the subject I want to do at uni, and I think the truth just hurt. So yeah, definitely got me kickstarted again. It was great in a way because I had to see them first, so all my other teachers were quite nice to me, even my German teacher! Shock horror.

It's always like that at my school. There's always one or two who cry, it's just usually not me! :rolleyes:
Reply 18
crankycaz
I think they can be ok, but the last one I went to, my English teachers made me cry! I needed a kick up the bum because I was starting to get lazy with the subject I want to do at uni, and I think the truth just hurt. So yeah, definitely got me kickstarted again. It was great in a way because I had to see them first, so all my other teachers were quite nice to me, even my German teacher! Shock horror.

It's always like that at my school. There's always one or two who cry, it's just usually not me! :rolleyes:

Awww :hugs:
Reply 19
Hee! :hugs: back!

Latest

Trending

Trending