The Student Room Group

University of Glasgow - Dumfries Campus

Hey, I couldn't find a section for anyone attending UoG's Dumfries campus this 2015/16 year. Please post if your attending and say hi! 😊😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hello! I'm going to Dumfries this year to do Environmental Stewardship with Glasgow Uni. Wasn't able to make the 'Open' day on April 1st,so I didn't get to meet anybody :frown: Still waiting on a reply for accommodation!
Reply 2
Original post by iangpark
Hello! I'm going to Dumfries this year to do Environmental Stewardship with Glasgow Uni. Wasn't able to make the 'Open' day on April 1st,so I didn't get to meet anybody :frown: Still waiting on a reply for accommodation!

Hi! I'm doing Primary education and couldn't do any of the open days either however I did go to one last year and had a tour when I went for my interview. I'm still waiting to do my accommodation, don't know which one to pick 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alms1196
Hi! I'm doing Primary education and couldn't do any of the open days either however I did go to one last year and had a tour when I went for my interview. I'm still waiting to do my accommodation, don't know which one to pick ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you hoping to get a job there for funding? I'm trying to see if I can make it by without a loan but I doubt it! Going to need to freshen up my CV so I can be getting money the moment I'm down there, if I'm lucky.
Reply 4
Are you hoping to get a job there for funding? I'm trying to see if I can make it by without a loan but I doubt it! Going to need to freshen up my CV so I can be getting money the moment I'm down there, if I'm lucky.

Yeah I will probably try and pick up part time somewhere, when I went last year they said that there was a wide range of employment opportunities in the local area. I'm going to use my loan as my main supply though because I don't think working too many hours will be sensible for me. I'm sure you'll find something, I'm hoping for a job at a coffee shop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alms1196
Yeah I will probably try and pick up part time somewhere, when I went last year they said that there was a wide range of employment opportunities in the local area. I'm going to use my loan as my main supply though because I don't think working too many hours will be sensible for me. I'm sure you'll find something, I'm hoping for a job at a coffee shop!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd like to try a coffee shop as well, seeing as that's what I'm doing right now. Hopefully will be a bit quieter down there than it is in Glasgow! If I can manage to save up enough until September, then maybe I can skip the first year without a loan :colondollar: Hope to see you there!
Reply 6
I'd like to try a coffee shop as well, seeing as that's what I'm doing right now. Hopefully will be a bit quieter down there than it is in Glasgow! If I can manage to save up enough until September, then maybe I can skip the first year without a loan :colondollar: Hope to see you there!

Haha, I'm a bartender right now! It is super quiet, I'm from Manchester which as you can imagine is busy and has all the urban issues! Dumfries is the complete opposite, I loved the surroundings, the nature and the village feel! Hope to see you too 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi, I'm doing Primary Teaching at Dumfries campus with UoG :smile:
Still waiting to hear back from accommodation as well.
[QUOTE=fiona_;56154245]Hi, I'm doing Primary Teaching at Dumfries campus with UoG :smile:
Still waiting to hear back from accommodation as well.

I've heard that we should have accommodation offers within the next 2 weeks! Don't quote me on that though...
Reply 9
Hopefully you're right! :smile:
Reply 10
Any one heard about accommodation for Dumfries campus yet? :smile:
Still no!!! :angry:
Reply 12
Me neither! Really want to know soon so I can look at flats if I have to :/
Yeah, I'm the same! Considering just forgetting the halls and going straight to flats, if going to save me £200 a month.
Reply 14
Hi! I am also starting the Primary Teaching course this year! I am actually from Dumfries though :smile:
Reply 15
Hey, so you'll be staying at home? :smile:
Good to hear of more people going!
Reply 16
Yep, I'll just be staying at home 😊 just came to have a wee nosey to see if anyone was on the same course as me haha! Only know a couple of people actually from here doing it 😊 where are you moving from?
Reply 17
Moving from a wee town just outside Kilmarnock :smile: good to hear from more people doing the same course.
Reply 18
Aww nice! Yeah it is. Not long to go now!
Finally got my accommodation e-mail! Didn't know there was a £450 payment to make though - hopefully that goes towards our first week, it already costs more than £5000 per year.

Quick Reply

Latest