The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer question

Hi,

I've received this offer for one of my courses:

"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points. 180 points must be obtained from at least 2 GCE A Levels".

Is this essentially saying that I need 180 UCAS from my A-level subjects (Eng Lang, History, Drama, EPQ) but I can get the other 100 from other subjects, such as LAMDA, or might it only consider my A-level grades?
Original post by OnePlusOne
Hi,

"This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points. 180 points must be obtained from at least 2 GCE A Levels".

Is this essentially saying that I need 180 UCAS from my A-level subjects (Eng Lang, History, Drama, EPQ) but I can get the other 100 from other subjects, such as LAMDA, or might it only consider my A-level grades?

If they have said this, then they will consider other qualifications for the final 100 points. I am not sure in this circumstance whether your EPQ would be allowed to count towards the 180 points either.
Reply 2
Hi,

It is basically saying that you need to get 180 points from either 2 of English, history or drama which is BC and the other 100 points which is a B can come from the EPQ. You should call the university to see if the EPQ is acceptable, I assume it is just to check. If it isn't acceptable then you need your 100 points from one of your other A-levels which is a B so it equals BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Your EPQ is not an A level.

The offer says 180 from AT LEAST 2 A levels - so you need 180 minimum from your A levels and 280 overall.

If you got CCC from your A levels that would be 240 so would meet the A level requirement. A C at EPQ would get you another 40 points making 280 overall and meeting your offer. Or if you have other tariff bearing qualifications that you've included on your application then you could get lower grades for your A levels and make up the points with those (180 is DDD at A level).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending