The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't see the hypocrisy here...?
Original post by *Stefan*

Homosexuals have been pushing legislation through that means Christian bakers can't refuse them service.
However when bakeries run by homosexuals are asked to make pro-traditional marriage cakes they refuse.
Hypocrisy.

Google "Memories Pizza"

Not exactly hypocrisy, more like a double standard since people have faced the prospect of prosecution for refusing to serve gay couples. It should work both ways.
Reply 5
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
Homosexuals have been pushing legislation through that means Christian bakers can't refuse them service.
However when bakeries run by homosexuals are asked to make pro-traditional marriage cakes they refuse.
Hypocrisy.

Pro-gay marriage: equality and acceptance -they don't ask for "traditional marriages" to be abolished.

"Pro-traditional marriage" (erm, that doesn't even exist): hatred towards all other marriages -they ask the exact opposite.

= See? No hypocrisy.
Pro-gay marriage: equality and acceptance -they don't ask for "traditional marriages" to be abolished.

"Pro-traditional marriage" (erm, that doesn't even exist): hatred towards all other marriages -they ask the exact opposite.

= See? No hypocrisy.

No one targeted pro-gay bakeries, but gay activists target Christian bakeries. “Support Gay Marriage” is one Christian bakery was sued for refusing to put that slogan on a cake for an event to support the gay agenda. Yet Christian bakeries that refuse to make pro-homosexual marriage cakes are getting sued left, right, and center. They get fined, they get death threats, and they lose their businesses. This experiment proves beyond doubt that the gay agenda is not just about their freedom to practice a sexual orientation, but the suppression of free speech.
Reply 7
Original post by Smug Life
Google "Memories Pizza"

Original post by Mr Smurf
Not exactly hypocrisy, more like a double standard since people have faced the prospect of prosecution for refusing to serve gay couples. It should work both ways.

I know what he was into, and I completely disagree. My first comment was rather ironic.
“Support Gay Marriage” is one Christian bakery was sued for refusing to put that slogan on a cake for an event to support the gay agenda..

Link?
Hypocrisy.

That isn't quite hypocrisy is it? The christian bakery refused to make a cake for the gay people because of their sexuality, the gay bakery refused to make a cake for a christian, not because he was a christian, but because the cake was offensive...

BTW, I would consider changing your name on here, to be as clever as an anti-semite is not a good thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LordMarmalade
I'm sorry but you are clearly confused.

There is a fundamental distinction between refusing to serve someone in a particular circumstance because they have a protected characteristic (for example, refusing to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple) as opposed to refusing to serve someone because they want to require you to express ideas you don't agree with.

This goes both ways; a gay couple could not force a Christian bakery to make a "I love gay marriage" cake.

In any case, Walid Shoebat is an absolute nutcase and we have no independent verification of these claims. Even if it's real, it's just a Christian whack-a-doodle trying to cause conflict and portray himself as a victim. So boring

If you would please watch the third clip provided, gay couples are trying to force Christian bakeries to make cakes in support of their agenda. Whilst I am not homophobic, there is definitely a double standard and hypocrisy occurring.
They refused to make an anti-gay cake... how is that hypocritical? it is not the same thing at all...
If you would please watch the third clip provided, gay couples are trying to force Christian bakeries to make cakes in support of their agenda. Whilst I am not homophobic, there is definitely a double standard and hypocrisy occurring.

I'm sorry, whose hypocrisy? You are talking as though the gay community is some kind of monolithic entity, and anyone who is gay is guilty here

This is about Christian losers who love to play the victim and can't accept they lost the gay marriage battle
Original post by Zachary T-H
That isn't quite hypocrisy is it? The christian bakery refused to make a cake for the gay couple because of their sexuality, the gay bakery refused to make a cake for a christian, not because he was a christian, but because the cake was offensive...

BTW, I would consider changing your name on here, to be as clever as an anti-semite is not a good thing.

Did you... did you just deny Voltaire's intelligence? It was because of the Christian's views that he feels are correct and that he has to follow.
Reply 14
No one targeted pro-gay bakeries, but gay activists target Christian bakeries. “Support Gay Marriage” is one Christian bakery was sued for refusing to put that slogan on a cake for an event to support the gay agenda. Yet Christian bakeries that refuse to make pro-homosexual marriage cakes are getting sued left, right, and center. They get fined, they get death threats, and they lose their businesses. This experiment proves beyond doubt that the gay agenda is not just about their freedom to practice a sexual orientation, but the suppression of free speech.

Are you serious? The link you posted directly targeted pro-gay bakeries... what is this nonsense?

You miss the main message.

Refusal of a "support gay marriage" cake is unfair treatment, because you refuse people the freedom to live their lives however they want. Also, the law states equal treatment to everyone, regardless of sex, race, ethnicity, orientation etc, and you, as a citizen, HAVE to obey. Don't like it? Go elsewhere.

Refusing a "support traditional marriage" cake is NOT unfair treatment, however, because this directly insults others and aims to abolish their own rights.

See the difference? It's sparkling.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by salviaplath
They refused to make an anti-gay cake... how is that hypocritical? it is not the same thing at all...

when gays are asking a Christian or Muslim bakery to make gay marriage cakes it is
Original post by salviaplath

Anti Christian.
Anti gay.
Seems fairly similar.
It does work both ways. You are not permitted to discriminate against someone on the basis of a protected characteristic; that applies to everyone.

There is no law that says "You can't discriminate against gay people". There is a law that says you can't discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, and that includes discriminating against heterosexuals on the basis of their sexuality

In short, stop being such a fag. Seriously.

The guy who did this was American but had he done it here, do you really think those people who refused him would face legal action or even backlash?
Original post by Zachary T-H
That isn't quite hypocrisy is it? The christian bakery refused to make a cake for the gay people because of their sexuality

It was hypothetical. They were asked by a news crew hypothetically whether or not they would cater for a gay marriage, and they said no because of religious reasons.
I'm sorry, whose hypocrisy? You are talking as though the gay community is some kind of monolithic entity, and anyone who is gay is guilty here

This is about Christian losers who love to play the victim and can't accept they lost the gay marriage battle

Well the hypocrisy of the bakers then. Straw man much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending